Sex is power...

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by dan7564, Aug 21, 2008.

1. dan7564

dan7564 New Member

Alright so what is it that takes power from wemon? Is it that wemon hold more value on sex in society? Is it ebcause men would would be happy to have sex but that wemon are more picky? Is it the act of penetration and being penetrated that holds some sort of symbol of ownership?

In some cases yes, wemon may take the power from the men. But those are rare occasions and usually with cruel intentions.

Anyway, reason I ask is about the respect of a friend. So please tell me your theories.

2. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

I just really don't understand what you're asking? "...what takes power from women..."? I would be happy to reply, but am unsure of the question.

3. dan7564

dan7564 New Member

Sorry i'm a little iffy as to how to word it myself. Had it clearly in my head last night. I'm talking about one night stands. Does that help?

4. dan7564

dan7564 New Member

I'm talking about the same reasons, whislt a guy would be happy to go into a club and pick a girl and go have sex with her no questions asked, but girls wouldn't. They need to asses em first most of the time. Also along the same lines of why fathers don't won't there girls to have sex a lot longer after their sons. Of course this is all generally speaking. But there's somthing there, I dunno, maybe it's because a guy can be judged by the girls he sleeps with, or maybe it's the other way around.

5. Rose

Gold Member

A little of both. A bit on the lines of the book, Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars.

There really IS a fundamental difference in what lures a woman or a man into a sexual tryst.

Now, the social differences you mention (girls aren't "allowed" to have sex as early as boys, etc.) - that is a serious injustice reminiscent of cultures that punish a woman for an offense of which their male counterparts receive a reprieve. Total injustice. Talk about "ownership"!! GGGGRRRRRR!!

I don't know if this is what you're talking about, but the bottom line is... in general, a woman does view sex as a deeper connection.It's our passion/compassion makeup. But we DO feel the very same strong sexual urges as every red-blooded man on this earth - and, doggonit, we should be able to display and enjoy our sexuality as freely as any man....

/rant :)

Rose

6. dan7564

dan7564 New Member

Thanks, rose. Just in case you misunderstood, I agree, wemon should be able to enjoy their sexuallity as men.
    However, society isn't quite there yet unfortuantly and untill it ties over the same social barriers tend to apply :(

You didn't quite give me the answer i'm searching for but it did help.

Cheers.

7. cbrmale

Gold Member

It's primarily a patriarchal thing you are talking about. The theory is that when women are disempowered, one of the few things that women have to trade is sex. When women are empowered and feel empowered, their natural desires will not be subsumed.

In many primitive societies, women iniated sex, choosing their preferred partner for the night. The wheel is turning a full circle, because women in Australia today are just as likely to choose a man for a one night stand as the other way around. These women go out at night in order to have sex with a man who interests them. This younger generation of Australian women obviously have benefitted from the near-equality that women now enjoy in society.

8. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

First of all: Spellcheck is your friend. Please use it.

As for sex being power, I suggest you read Aristophanes' play "Lysistrata." It doesn't address the issue of one night stands specifically, but it does have a lot to say about how powerful sex (more specifically, the lack of sex) can be.

9. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Dan ... you're weird. Stop reading feminist literature about power in sex and just enjoy it. Jesus, and they say I read into things too much.

10. cbrmale

Gold Member

If Dan7564 feels that the women he knows don't have the power or confidence to initiate relationships, then the point he raises is a valid one. It's unusual, because my son is the same age, and it's clear that the women he associates with are the ones who almost always initiate relationships at least. I have seen examples of women his age who have become sexual powlers searching for one-night-stands.

It's odd because he's also from Australia, so maybe things are different in Sydney, or different in his social circle. I suspect its a Sydney thing.

11. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

What a tragedy. Dan and his circle friends over there in backward Sydney are obviously unaware that Australia is supposed to be the most sexually-enlightened and liberated nation on earth. Someone needs to sit them down and explain to them that there are no sluts in Australia - that it's perfectly acceptable and even encouraged for sexually-liberated men and women to seek out random partners for one night stands, and that there's no need to abandon that lifestyle once one gets married. A marriage should not only survive, but even be strengthened by a few extra-marital affairs. A real Australian expresses his or her commitment to his marriage though a total lack of monogamy.

Sounds realistic to me. :eyes

12. Rose

Gold Member

:rofl

PIB - you KILL me!!!

13. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Why, thank you very much. I'll be here all week. :D

14. Rocket Queen

Rocket Queen New Member

mmm I doubt it is a Sydney thing, I did all my man hunting whilst I lived in Sydney and then I got married and moved to the burbs and that was in the mid 90's.

Women who live in Sydney are very happy to love the one they are with (for the night).

Dan I suggest you tell your 'friend' to join up here and ask his own question so we can get it from the horses mouth.

15. Dreama

Gold Member

Puss, I love you.

16. cook74

Gold Member

I sure hope it isn't a Sydney thing... :nerv

:p

By the way I don't really understand what this thread is about as I am too busy laughing at the fact that "Wemon" was written, not once, but a number of times...

17. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Bravo Puss ... Bravo!

Hell I'll bow out of this one. I don't even need to get involved.

18. Rose

Gold Member

"Wemon"..... a cross between "woman" and "demon".

... a freudian slip, no doubt. :lol

19. cbrmale

Gold Member

I was thinking of the Western suburbs car hoons and their girls, the people who come to Canberra for Summernats and behave in a sub-human sort of way and get their cars impounded. I lived for a while in inner-city Sydney, so I know the inner city and some suburbs are quite different to other parts of the urban sprawl. I also lived in Melbourne for many years, and I know the South-Eastern and Western suburbs of Melbourne are quite different to the inner city and the middle-class areas of that urban sprawl as well.

20. sexyJ

sexyJ New Member

:rofl lol and I thought I was the only one on here that couldn't spell... oh puss u freaken had me rolling litarlly...Spell check is your friend use it:rofl