sex is causing problems. :(

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by jollybencon, Jun 5, 2010.

1. jollybencon

jollybencon New Member

I've been with my lovely, very supportive boyfriend for a year now, and in the last two months have started taking Cerazette, a POP, to allow us to be a bit more spontanious in the bedroom.

Before I started taking it, we were very adventurous and both satisfied each other.
    Since starting Cerazette, I've had problems with breakthrough bleeding, and although my boyfriend was fine with (and encouraged) sex on my period before, he now complains and we haven't had sex in nearly a month (and the last time was a disaster). Having said this, some days I don't bleed at all, and it is always very very light.

2. Logger

Gold Member

I tried a search on Web MD,and got no hits for Cerazette

From Google:

Irregular bleeding is a listed side effect of Cerazette

How does the bleeding make sex a disaster? I have used a towel on the sheets to catch blood. If blood gets on the sheets, I rinse the blood off the sheet, in the shower or tub, as soon as possible, to avoid the blood taking a set, and making a stain that is difficult to remove. Do you have any brown colored towels?

I have some black T-shirts that I use for my crotch, and my wife's crotch. After sex, I enjoy relaxing, entangled together. I put a T-shirt in my wife's crotch to catch any excess lubricants or sperm from her crotch. Is there a new set of sheets, ready to put on the bed, after sex with blood? Maybe a shower head on an extension hose, so you ean easily rinse blood from your crotches, after sex, without taking a full body shower.

Is the bleeding causing you any other problems? Are there other birth control pill options that might work better for you?

#2 Logger, Jun 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  3. north

north New Member

You poor thing! :(
    Have you spoken to your doctor about this? Irregular bleeding is scary and a very serious symptom.

And how old are you, if you don't mind my asking?
    In my experience, most good doctors don't prescribe certain types of birth control to women over 25. Perhaps it's time you got a second opinion?

4. Barbwire

Gold Member

Don't feel too badly, this new user just got banned. He/she is a spammer and a pretender.

5. north

north New Member

thanks for the heads up, CL !

6. Logger

Gold Member

I responded to this thread without reading Jollybencon's other posts. I have now read Jollybencon's other posts, and there seems to be considerable inconsistency in the posts. There may be a lack of sincerity. Apparently I was taken in by Fiction, and not a real problem.

I am still wondering how sex can be a disaster.

7. fothermucker

fothermucker New Member

There seemed to be quite a few inconsistencies, where one post was made to sound like a guy asking how much size matters, and this one. There were a few more that I didn't take the time to read.

As far as sex being a disaster, the only way that could happen is if both partners are left completely unsatisfied. Even then, I don't really think it's a disaster. Maybe a disappointment, but not a disaster. Earthquakes and tornadoes are disasters (although sex can sometimes simulate an earthquake;)), which can leave tons of people homeless. I don't know anyone that has become homeless because of sex. Disappointing-maybe, disaster-impossible.

8. Logger

Gold Member

Maybe Jollybencon should have posted in Erotic Literature, where imaginary, fictitious stories are welcome.

Here is a link to a recent post under Erotic Literature:

http://www.sexualforums.com/26145-my-fantasy-part-1-a.html

9. Scoobyroo218

Scoobyroo218 New Member

My two cents worth.......

This pill is good for over 30 yo women and will either cease periods all together, or "you" will constantly bleed (incl breakthrough) - that was what my doctor told me.

I was lucky in that mine stopped completely so it was brilliant.

However...

The major downside is usually loss of a sex drive - I was on it for approx 5 years and saw (felt) my desire go - I would rather go to sleep than have a good shag!

I have come off it now as my relationship and sex life is worth the few days discomfort a month!

I have also heard this from loads of other women - and also some other women have said that it made them down and almost depressed - but I didn't suffer this side effect.

I have been pill free for 8 months now and can certainly feel a difference in myself

10. pinksunflower

pinksunflower New Member

It really isn't scary or serious!!
    I had this with cerazette and told my GP and the doctors at my local GUM clinic and they weren't concerned at all! it is extremely common and very normal- just a nuisance for your sex life

for me it passed after 2 weeks- after that I got a bit of spotting, but basically by 3 months my body was reacting fine and I was totally satisfied

11. Mittimer

Gold Member

Irregular bleeding with birth control is normal and a pain in the ass when your body gets used to it.

Bleeding between periods, after sex or randomly "Just because" is a very serious symptom.