Sex drives come and go dont they?...

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Username1, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Username1

Username1 New Member

Probably not, but for some reason mine does. At 16 i couldnt have enough sex and now at only 24 its realy not at the top of my to do list. Now thats not to say i dont enjoy sex as i love it and i am incredibly open to just about anything that doesnt involve pain or fecis. That being said i cant figure out what is wrong with me, some days/weeks its all i think about and others nothing natta i cant even bring myself to fake it. On average we have sex 1-2 a month and on good months 5-6 times she is almost always up for it but for some reason im not. Sexualy i am very attracted to her she is great and the sex we do have is also great what are your thoughts?

2. CalamityJane

CalamityJane New Member

Mine does the same, although it's more of a weekly change, some weeks I feel like I could more than happily just stay in bed and have sex on a loop! Other weeks, I'm not that fussed. Being a woman though I think that's to do with all the hormonal ups and downs we go through in a month :ugh! Not sure - do guys have hormonal cycles too??! You have to remember too that when you were 16, pretty much all you had to worry about in life was homework, and whether or not you could manage to sneak in past your curfew. At 24 you're having to start worrying about the more grown up stuff in life - and stress will definitely have an effect on it. Hope that helps!

3. Barbwire

Gold Member

My libido waxes and wanes depending on where I am in my cycle but also depending on if I'm being stimulated. The more sex I get, the more I want so, if my husband and virtual lover are both too busy to jump me, I tend not to be all that horny. On the other hand, if one is getting me revved up, the other is sure to reap the benefits.

4. HardRocker

Gold Member

Not so much, but we have milking cycles.:lol I know that sounds like a crude joke, but it is the truth. We can only hold a fully loaded prostate for so long. Therein lies the saying we guys always claim about sometimes it's just a physical need - urge - rather than just having our mind in the gutter.

5. Lucky

Lucky New Member

It's normal, life brings us stress, overloaded work schedules, and other things we have to do. One thing you might try is to spice it up and not let yourself get in a rut sex wise.

6. luvbug

Gold Member

My sex drive comes and goes also. More so since I had a hysterectomy. Usually I dont really want to have sex..then when I get started its full steam ahead!! lol

Once I get going I dont want to stop. After I cum....Im ready for round #2!!

7. Marcpatrick

Marcpatrick New Member

My sex drive is extremely high. However, life is organised in such a way that you can't always act on it. That's not necessarily a bad thing, though, as I channel it in other ways. I owe most of my successes in life to my sex drive. I guess in an subconscious way I have always made career / lifestyle choices that would make me more attractive to women.

It may sound shallow, but because women are attracted to successful men, it's actually steered my life in a way to maximise my choices so that I can be outwardly / inwardly successful too.

8. Username1

Username1 New Member

I have to agree that stress is probably a big factor. I moved out when i was 17 and thought i knew what life was (didnt we all?) but throughout the years it becomes more and more evident that you realy have no clue what what happens next. We recently bought a few hundred acre ranch just outside of town and now own three houses managing two of them as rentals and living in the crappy one (wierd how that works) and my job does take a lot out of me especialy these last sveral months but as much as stress can ruin a good time i still find the ups and downs out of place as we both love life and are overall happy witht the way our lifes are outside the bedroom. We do some crazy things to spice up the love life and that does seem to help for the time but it always seems to end up in the same place. I am hopefull that it is just stress because that can always be fixed but i do keep my mind open and try to explore other explinations. Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

9. HardRocker

Gold Member

Don't forget to make a date once in a while. The best thing you can do is to treat your wife as if she is your girlfriend. She'll love that. It makes her feel special. And that leads to more you-know-what.