sex drive affected by birth control

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by idk, Sep 2, 2011.

1. idk

idk New Member

Just wondering from all you girls what birth control have you noticed to lower your sex drive the most?

My girlfriend used to be on the pill and it was noticeabley lowered and then she switched to the shot every 3 months and we only have sex once every 3 or 4 days..

when she was in between birth control we had sex about every day so I'm definitely assuming its the birth control. It's driving me nuts because she can't even be turned on, I'll kiss her and rub on her and shes just tottaly not into it and wont give any in return. what other birth controls have you found to keep you at a normal sex drive?

2. RideNaked2

Gold Member

I would suggest that she seek the advice of her doctor. Maybe there is more going on than just the birth control or maybe there is a problem with the birth control that she or the doctor are unaware of.

R

3. AGFUNK

Gold Member

I agree with Ridenaked2. It might be the hormones. She could talk to her doctor about the lower estrogen birth control, which is a pill. It might be better than the ones with higher estrogen.

4. Black_Magic83

Black_Magic83 Member

Sorry for the late response, felt compelled to respond.

I am on a pill called Yasmin, I have read that other women that are on it had a sex drive that dropped. It never had for me. I have been on this pill for the last 7 years- so it could affect people differently.

I would definitely recommend that she goes and sees a doctor. Or maybe, give it a few more months for it to be in her system and she responds to it accordingly.

5. Jess0523

Jess0523 New Member

I can attest to the fact that birth control does affect sex drive. I was on the pill for two years when I noticed that I wasn't wanting sex like I used to (as well as other side effects that I won't get into). I was fine for the first two years, but then got the side effects.

I went off the pill and everything went back to normal.

6. xdollface

xdollface New Member

It is a good possibility that it is hormones.. I know from experience that having kids/birth control, etc. is good at throwing them way off track. It can be really frustrating, but she may need to speak to her dr. As for me, I'm on the pill, & I don't feel any change in my sex drive.. it's just finding the time with two 3month olds!