Sex dreams of ex lovers/mates?

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by Doitagain, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Doitagain

Verified Gold Member

I do not dream a lot , or just remember a lot , but over the last few months I have had a lot of sex dreams about some exs. Now only a few have gotten very sexual , all are pretty hot. I do enjoy them. I would never cheat on my wife. Now I know there are different ideas on cheating bit as far as our idea of cheating I would never do it. And yes I still see these girls as very attractive but that's it. And of course I have fantasies that do not include my wife (yes a lot do include her). My wife is plenty hot ( hence some of the hotwife fantasies). sex dreams in the past are sort of rare. My questions are :
    Why my exs and why suddenly ?
    How many of you do this and why do you think?
    Does this make me a bad person?
    Have you told your current partner if you do dream of exs?

I am not several disturbed by this or anything. Just curious. I know she used to have a rampant amount of sex dreams but it doesn't seem anymore or at least she doesn't tell me anymore. I am not bothered or wasn't bothered when she admitted she had sex dreams with exs.

2. Ra1nb0wUnderwear

Gold Member

You have a working memory, and hence it's 'easier' for your brain to come up with scenarios including people it knows rather than creating new identities to play with. Also, your brain is bored and testosterone is flowing. (This is purely my hypothesis... I'm sure someone else can contribute with some repressed emotions bullshit.)

Yes, I do. And same reasons as above. Though, I only tend to dream about those who were great in bed... Or I dream about random strangers who somehow know exactly how to please me.

Obviously. lol

I'm not in a committed relationship, so there's no taboo against sharing. In the past, I did share such things. Typically my ex found me telling him about the dreams to be sexy, though he definitely preferred to hear about the ones involving him.

teamster145, Doitagain and AWifesLust like this.
  3. AWifesLust

Gold Member

I have some pretty often. Some about former or current friends to. Sometimes it seems very random. Apparently at least my subconscious wants them.. Lol I have a few very intense dreams about a few ex's/flames.. Ohhhhh myyyyyy

Doitagain likes this.
  4. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

It's kind of like Rainbow already said. Your ex's are your mental go-to because you are already familiar with them. Add the fact that (I'd assume) you had some sort of emotional bond to them and... BLAM-O! "Sudden" fantasies involving your former partners.
    I catch it happening from time to time. I don't think anything of it - only a Buddhist Zen master can control his thoughts and desires. ;)
    I didn't want to be the one to tell you this but... Yes, you are absolutely horrible and will go to Hell for this. (Don't worry. I'll be saving you a seat and have your drink ready when you get here.)
    Both of us have mentioned it. Ultimately we recognize it doesn't mean anything since (A) it's never the same person in the the thoughts recurring regularly over a long amount of time and (B) we both are quite happy with what we have right now - why knock on a bad thing over a mental movie?

Doitagain likes this.
  5. Doitagain

Verified Gold Member

Lol thanks . I love your answers

6. Doitagain

Verified Gold Member

Well thank you. Another great answer

7. evrythiniscontd

Verified Gold Member

When they pop in my head in the day forsure they'll continue in my dreams, being in the position I'm at the moment it shall continue, for how long I don't know.

Doitagain likes this.
  8. Philly Matt

Philly Matt Member

Hell No,They are ex's for a reason.

Doitagain likes this.