Sex chat online

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by Davidiscurious, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Davidiscurious

I have been chatting with a couple of women online during work and after my wife goes to bed and one pointed out that she would consider this kind of chat cheating. In your opinion, does anonymous chatting online constitute cheating?

2. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

(Personal opinion)
    Anonymous chatting online? No, that isn't cheating. It's the same as having a conversation with someone in real life.
    Cyber sex/"sexting"? Yes, that would be cheating. It's essentially mental/emotional cheating.

3. oldkid

no. I call this stuff fantasyland. As long as you remember, that's all it is. Is lusting after the ladies on SF stalking? Of course not. It's all brain exercise.

10_3XL likes this.
  4. JonJo

Gold Member

Depends on the kind of 'chat':
    If it is just the kind of friendly chat you would have in everyday life, then no - but in my personal opinion it does indicate something is missing in your 'real life'.
    If it is cyber sex then I agree with 10 3XL, it is mental/emotional cheating - and my personal opinion applies again.

Ask yourself: Would you mind if your wife found out and how would she feel/consider it; would she consider it cheating, if the answer is "yes", then to her it is, and you are.

lbushwalker and CaramelLady like this.
  5. AtkCCC

Gold Member

That all depends on your relationship and the boundaries you and your SO have. If one of the couple does not approve then yes I would consider it cheating in a way. I am fully aware that my wife does/has chatted online, I have no issues because its not behind my back and I am aware of it.

CaramelLady likes this.
  6. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Simple answer; yes!
    You are doing so hiding behind her back.
    Is that so wrong? well that depends on your relationship but it does not bode well.

JonJo and AtkCCC like this.
  7. Ra1nb0wUnderwear

Gold Member

I think if you have to ask, it probably is cheating.

I mean, by all means, if you and your wife have set mutual boundaries and have discussed the issue--to each their own. But if you're here asking us, you haven't talked it through with her and have a gut feeling that she probably wouldn't approve.

AtkCCC, HotForHoney and JonJo like this.
  8. Joys

Verified Gold Member

I respect all but in my personal opinion, i would consider neither chatting nor cyber sex as cheating, but a way of living out a fantasy or seeking some relief.

Jonjo, don't you think that's a bit too much empathy??

9. JonJo

Gold Member

In a full and mutually satisfying relationship/partnership I don't think you can ever have too much empathy.
    In those final moments when you become, in all but physicality, 'one', is the ultimate empathy.

Joys likes this.
  10. Joys

Verified Gold Member

Could be another discussion. 'one' but not 'same'... If you 'overdo' empathy, you may become 'other':confused:. Again, maybe another topic to discuss but thanks for your reply.