Sex and Spirituality

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by SexyScorp, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SexyScorp

Gold Member

Does anyone use sex to connect with a higher power, the divine source or whatever ye wish to call it?

Do you feel that at the point of orgasm one totally surrenders oneself to the universe and its not just about physical satisfaction....but something much bigger?

Am wondering if people who are very sexually orientated are also on some level very spiritual too..

Just wondering

Anyone?

:sf

2. HardRocker

Gold Member

I always hoped our minds and thoughts, as well as sensations, had a quantum connection to the fabric of the universe.

3. SexyScorp

Gold Member

HardRocker

Lovely thought.....thanks

Love your name!

4. JuicyB

JuicyB New Member

Don't forget the biggest orgasm in the universe! Jesus coming in the clouds! I find sex utterly spiritual, and 1 of the greatest proofs that there is a God! A sexual orgasm is a taste of Heaven! And among the highest union between 2 human beings!

5. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

I KNEW IT!!! I knew there was somebody on here that had mentioned this in several posts, but I couldn't remember who it was (too lazy to 'search'). It was JUICY!!

I have to admit, it's like no drug in the world! And so pure and revitalizing. It's like God's perfect way of cleansing the body/mind/spirit!

6. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Wait... there's a god? :lol

I say that in jest but I'm a bit of a classical deist. Not really organized religion, but I don't believe that evolution could happen given the statistical odds.

7. NaughtyKnickers

Gold Member

I think in this case "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

Sometimes sex feels almost spiritual, like a walk in some place of magnificent natural beauty.
    Other times it feels simply primal, almost animalistic. While that doesn't seem spiritual to me, I enjoy it just as much :D

8. singlemale86

singlemale86 New Member

Spirituality and Sexuality are and always will be intertwined with each other.

I believe that there is a God that created the universe, and that sex is one of his greatest creations for human intimacy. Now I'm not going to throw bibles at y'all that don't belive the same as I do, but I also believe that he intended sex to be enjoyed only within the instituion of marriage. That's why I am still waiting for my first time with my wife.

I'm a firm believer in the fact that sex without intimacy is a sub-par way of enjoying something that was intended for much greater purposes. For me it's like instead of enjoying a 12 course meal at a restaurant one after the other, you take all the food and put it in a blender to consume all at once. It paints an ugly picture, but this is how I feel about it.

I don't think I could have sex with somebody that I didn't love with all my heart, much less if I wasn't married to them.

Physical beauty, attractiveness and pleasure are things that I cannot dissociate from the spiritual connection I will feel with my wife. Meaning I couldn't have sex with somebody that did not have the same spiritual connection with me or with God.

I agree that spirituality and sexuality are strongly connected, but do not forget to include God in those speculations. After all, he was the origin of everything spiritual

Cheers

9. cbrmale

Gold Member

I don't believe in God, but I believe in a spirituality within. I have my reasons for being very firm in my anti-religious views in fact, good theology from a theologian in the family.

As regards casual sex being 'an ugly picture', it is not possible for anyone who has not experienced great casual sex with a hot lady to comment on such a thing. Read my posting on arse to mouth, or my experience with the woman who went all horny over a story I wrote.

Unless you've been there, you don't know, and it is a little insulting to be preached at, being told that these (and other) magnificent experiences were 'ugly' and like pureed sex. No, they were not!

Singlemale, you wrote of your wife, but I thought you were a virgin. I must be mistaken.

10. singlemale86

singlemale86 New Member

First off let me say that i mean absolutely no offense in what I say. I merely express my opinions to let people know who I am and what I stand for. I make no judgements on what is right or wrong here. If you feel that I have insulted you, I sincerely apologize.

To explain my comments. When I said "ugly picture" I did not mean casual sex. I meant my metaphor of "food in a blender" was ugly. When I said it was ugly, I wanted to say that it makes casual sex look bad which is not what I wanted to say at all. My metaphor was merely my way of subtly saying I want to wait and enjoy sex with my [i[future[/i] wife (to whom which I am not married yet) instead of enjoying it right now with somebody that I may or may not spend the rest of my life with.

To clarify, yes I am still a virgin and I have no wife. When I spoke of "my wife" I was of course speaking in the future sense. I have not met my "future wife" yet, and am currently not even in a relationship.

Again, I did not mean to judge or preach to you. I only meant to clarify my beliefs and choices so people will know who i am and what I stand for. That's all. I'm not here to judge, just to learn.

I hope this clarifies it all,
    Cheers

11. JuicyB

JuicyB New Member

Aaah knowz dat theyz a Gaaaaawd!

12. Sexy Scholar

Sexy Scholar New Member

I am the biggest atheist you'll ever meet, and yet must say that the best sex you will ever have is when it is connected to a feeling of spirituality.

Try role-playing from a religious setting, not for the appeal that is gained by the taboo feeling of it-- none of the pleasure which I speak of comes from that aspect. It is the feeling of worship-- worshiping an unknown, the universe, and your partner all at the same time as if they are the same, while being in sexual union with that great power you imagine. This is some truly powerful stuff that the brain can do, and the pleasures of vanilla sex and kinky sex-- each better than most pleasures-- are nothing compared to the ecstasy and awe that can be found in a sexually spiritual encounter.

13. cbrmale

Gold Member

Maybe we are the products of greater powers, certainly the contrast between masculine and feminine, and the joy when the two come together is beautiful beyond description. This is being an agnostic. Maybe there isn't a greater power, we have randomly evolved. This is being an atheist. I tend to lean towards the greater spiritual powers, but not God as Christians know him.

So that gives my sex some spirtuality when I am emotionally connected to my partner and the sex is very satisfying. But my sex is purely carnal when I am not emotionally connected to my partner of the time, and that can be good too.

14. doberman

doberman New Member

well, if there was a god, i am sure SHE would of wanted us to fall over each other and fuck our brains out.. because otherwise the feelings associated with it wouldnt be so phenomenal i guess.. i mean, just look at some of those georgous bodies out there, they all scream "come and suck on me you horny prick/cunt"!!!

15. SexyScorp

Gold Member

I find after I have made love or masturbated I feel stoned and open to all my senses

Going through orgasm and coming out of it alive (cos sometimes I think I may die) transcends all else....it is purely divine....

I love the horny prick/cunt stuff doberman....(funny or what...and wonderful we can be so open)...

But its also for me about completely losing myself...either in another, myself or a higher power...

xlovex
    SS

16. doberman

doberman New Member

ït is, isnt it?! i instantly fell in love with this place..

17. cbrmale

Gold Member

I don't want to get excited over religion, this is not the place. But I must make one point, the male-father-figure God of Judaism is a man, and if you want to expand beyond this masculine view of spirtuality, you should research why God is a man and what happened to the Goddesses and why it happened to to them.

This is why I posted I am not connected the the Christian God, because if I was, I would be denying the spiritual power of femininity. You cannot turn God from He to She, it isn't that simple. If you want your spirituality to be feminine as well as masculine, then you must go on a path of exploration. If you do, you may be surprised at what you find.

18. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Is it odd that I find this kind of crazy? I mean aside from all the philosphical problems associated with this discussion?

Heaven forbid (ah ... irony) that all you feel is endorphines.

19. JuicyB

JuicyB New Member

Pray for good orgasms!

20. HerHubby

HerHubby The SF Poet Laureate
    Gold Member

Oh, I just LOVE this place! I always can't wait to pop open a can of Diet Coke, sit down and read the posts! JuicyB I am GLAD that you are back! Keep postin'!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.