Sex and religion - a few questions

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Polly, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Polly

Polly Member

Hey everyone
    We're all brought up a certain way, some religious, some not. It seems as if religion is rather obsessed with sex (like the human race generally is) and to repress it in us. What's it like for you?

1) Are you religious and if so, which religion do you follow?
    2) Do you feel some sort of guilt/shame because of it?
    3) If you do, does SF help with that? If so - how?
    4) Did you get a very devout upbringing? If so - did that shape your sexual self somehow?

I'll start:
    1) Not anymore (full blown atheist now) but was brought up protestant.
    2) I did while I was religious but being atheist has been a very freeing experience sexually speaking.
    3) SF definitely would have helped had I known about it while I was still religious.
    4) Not as such but my mother was/is religious. I think it did shape me a lot when I was younger, was a big prude for awhile. Until I met my husband who re-shaped me into his little slut in the bedroom :p

HazHardHat and thrillseekeruk like this.
  2. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Not anymore but was a RC thoroughly indoctrinated with many hangups when I was still gullible!

I used to intensely back then but not anymore!

No, I lost those inhibitions many years ago on my own volition but SF has opened my eyes to many other possibilities to which I was previously closed or more correctly perhaps; ignorant!

4) Did you get a very devout upbringing? If so - did that shape your sexual self somehow?
    Yes, I did have a very devout upbringing and accepted it all blindly but innately I have always been and remain a highly sexual being.
    That used to cause me much distress: Nature Vs Nurture conflict but Nature won out and the rest is history!

Conclusion;
    I now worship and pay homage only to the Goddess of Love & Sex :)

macker, CLE32793, Polly and 2 others like this.
  3. Hypersexual11

Gold Member

Religion puts a damper on a lot of fun stuff. I get it, they need our fear and guilt to survive.
    1) Are you religious and if so, which religion do you follow? None, ever, except a brief exploration into born again. FTS

2) Do you feel some sort of guilt/shame because of it? I seem to have a defect that only allows guilt to appear when I get caught doing something awful.

4) Did you get a very devout upbringing? If so - did that shape your sexual self somehow? Mom thought it best if we decide which, if any, religion to pursue. She was pagan, spiritual but had no specific religion. Talking to her about god always left me shaking my head. She was fucking out there. She had a subscription to The Christian Science Monitor. So there was that.
    Sex in our house did not exist. Mom would catch me at 6 years old shoving stuff up my ass and just tell me to stop doing that. OK mom, right away.
    Wife was Catholic, but way to open minded to take that crap seriously. She dropped it like she never went.

RaynieJ and Polly like this.
  4. luv2taste

Gold Member

I wonder where this church is;

Sunday at the Church.jpg

CLE32793, billytk1977 and IMNaughty like this.
  5. Meee

Gold Member

My family has a sense of community in the Church. We are Russian Orthodox.

Definitely not. Sexual pleasure is an obvious sign that God loves us.

Most of the people who come into SF to make bitter posts about sexual immorality are not really going to be open minded. I do not engage in discussion with them.

I did not have a very devout upbringing. The Church was good for many community purposes, but there was only a little religion in our home. I liked Sunday school quite a lot, or as I called it, "learning about God." When I was little, I felt that God loves our bodies, and that made me very happy with my body too. I'm sure I still live by that thought to some extent.

Amature, Polly, Nixie and 2 others like this.
  6. Candela

Verified Gold Member

I have been known to get on my knees..:D:D:D

macker, CLE32793, billytk1977 and 5 others like this.
  7. lbushwalker

Gold Member

On your knees and play?

8. luv2taste

Gold Member

Hmmmmmmm...........

9. CLE32793

Verified Gold Member

Nope, atheist here

When I was young, maybe, due to my upbringing

I was over it long before find this forum but I think the way we can freely discuss sex here would have helped me.

I was raised Southern Baptist by two of the biggest hypocrites in the world (probably the biggest reason I have no faith in religion now). I left the church over 25 years ago. I had to learn that sex is not bad or dirty or only used to 'make a baby' and that took some time but I was very fortunate to meet my husband at an early age (20) and we have worked through all of those issues.

macker likes this.
  10. Sexy Strip

Gold Member

Not religious

Nope

It doesn't

I did not have a religious upbringing, my parents could best be described as left-leaning libertarians and I grew up that way. While we were not religious, I grew up being told I should respect peoples right to choose to be. It wasn't so much atheistic, but spiritual, without the religious context. Religion has not affected me sexually at all, really.

HazHardHat likes this.
  11. Joboo6

Gold Member

I was brought up RC. Back in the day if you quit going you were fallen away, now everyone says recovering.

Sex, yes. When I was told by a nun I believe could have been a priest. I went to Catholic school all the way through HS. What was said to the class of 14 year olds was thinking about it is just as much of a sin is doing it out of wedlock. Before I could stop myself I blurted out " well hell, I'm might as well do it since I can't stop thinking about it". Well, the rest of the day didn't go well but on the upshot the class roared and everyone in the class wanted to talk about what I said the next day. Every girl in the class talked to me the next day. I digress. Yes, they tried to make you feel guilty about your natural desires. They pretty much lost me there but it still took years to get over the guilt.

SF defiantly helped me deal with a particular part of my sex life I thought would haunt me to my grave.
    The other sex, hell, I was over being guilty about that by sophomore year in HS.

The community of the church shaped my entire moral character toward other human beings. I raised my children in the church for the same reason, for the humanity and love of your fellow man and woman.
    I work my ass off and expect others to do the same. I'm a fiscal conservative and far from being a racist or homophobe but I don't vote with my genitalia. I cannot stand what's going on in America these days, we left Europe for a reason. We don't need to backward. We are the most advanced nation on the planet, I didn't realize this until I asked a English guy I worked with back in the late eighties if Americans were as loud and arrogant as people say they are when they visit Europe. I'll never forget his reply. He said no they're not but they ought to be, look at this fucking place, it's only been a country for two hundred years. Freedom did this, free enterprise. The opportunity to do what ever you want if you put your mind to it, period. Watching tv today makes me think we're losing the edge. Didn't mean to get political but I worry about the future for my children and my children's children. And all of yours too for that matter wherever you come from. I hijacked your thread like the POTUS hijacked those cops memorial. I should be ashamed of myself. Sorry.

RaynieJ and lbushwalker like this.
  12. lbushwalker

Gold Member

@Joboo6, do not be ashamed of anything you mentioned above.
    Certain things need to be voiced.

Joboo6 likes this.