Sex and love.

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Elvis, Mar 23, 2007.

?

Having sex without love?

Poll closed Apr 2, 2007.
  1. It's not right and I wouldn't.

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  2. I'm not sure.

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. There's nothing wrong with it.

17 vote(s)
    77.3%
  1. Elvis

Elvis Member

Is it possible to have one without the other?

It's certainly possible to have love without sex,
    so why not sex for fun without love, just lust?

2. Nettle

Nettle Member

It depends on the individual. Some people can and others cannot.

At one time I would have said that I could never have sex unless I loved the person, but now, although I am not happy at home, I continue to have sex with my husband for a quiet life, but I don't think i could go out and have sex with someone just for the thrill of it, but this is just me.

Those who have open marriages probably don't love those they swing with, but they still enjoy the sex.

Each to their own. :)

3. emerlyj

emerlyj New Member

I have done it and would never do it again. I was with someone that i had no feelings for and the longer it went on the emptier the sex got and the worse i started feeling about myself. It was an awful situation and for me it just isn't worth it. I would rather go without.

4. Dreama

Gold Member

I voted the third option, although I would not choose it for myself. I don't think there is anything wrong with it, but it isn't something I'm interested in.

5. NaughtyKnickers

Gold Member

I voted the third option.

I've never been able to have sex with someone I don't love, but I can accept the fact that others do; I don't think it's wrong unless one party is misleading or hurting the other.
    If both consent and understand the terms of their sexual encounters I see nothing wrong with it.

6. johnnyangel694u

Gold Member

Do you really know that you love someone until you have had sex? I am not saying that sex is the only thing but you could feel that you love someone until you have sex and the connection is not there.

7. Elvis

Elvis Member

You most certainly can love someone without having had sex with them!
    Sex and love are two entirely different items.

Put the two together in the right mix and you should be able to light up the whole town!

8. cbrmale

Gold Member

Elvis,
    How right you are. It is possible to have great sex without love, and love without sex. But put good sex and intense love together, and you have an awesome mix.

9. unuttum

unuttum New Member

I agree cbrmale. I have done it and i liked too. She was a prettiy women. And i think you can be love without sex. But if you will not have good sex life then love die soon.

10. Adramalech

Adramalech New Member

My tat should explain how I feel. ;)

[​IMG]

11. hoochie_boochie

hoochie_boochie New Member

Sex without love is lust? which I think is okay. I don't think you can lust after someone you love as that is desire. Comments?

12. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

Don't you think you can desire someone you don't love?

13. cbrmale

Gold Member

Don't try to compartmentalise that which you haven't experienced. Some of the best sex I've had is with women who were friends, and I rolled some of those women and some of those experiences into something I wrote for eventual commercial release. We weren't in love, but we were friends, we would get together, talk, have sex, talk some more, maybe go out for coffee to relax afterwards. It was friendly sex between two people who weren't in love, who could never live together, but really enjoyed each others company. We desired each other!

In other instances, I've had sex with women I've just met, and that can be good if you connect to one another for the moment. It takes a connection for sex to be worthwhile, be it love or friendship.

14. Elvis

Elvis Member

Oh yes!
    How many here could claim that they've never had the hots for a film, pop star or two and wouldn't jump into bed with them given the chance?

Sophia Loren wouldn't have to ask me twice, even at her advanced age!!:D

15. cbrmale

Gold Member

Actually Charlotte Rampling does it for me, have you seen her in the nude scenes in Sous le Sable and Swimming Pool? My God, what a body, and she's close to sixty (not that you can tell).

But is was a rhetotical question: we all desire people we don't love, be it sexy film actresses or all the other women who cross our paths and we are attracted to.

16. Elvis

Elvis Member

In the late 50s there were plenty of sexy film stars to choose from, but my youthful lust was fixed on Brigitte Bardot, sadly she no longer does anything for me, having seen recent photos of her. Sophia, on the other hand still looks amazingly good, even at 73!

With regard to everyday viewing of sexy women, I'm at an age where I can safely say that I've had my fill and no longer get that lustful feeling. Although that may seem sad, I have a wonderful relationship with my wife and devote myself to her.

That's not to say I wouldn't consider an offer if it was made by the right lady at the right time! It would have to be with the blessing of Mrs E I must add!!!