Sex addiction

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Hypersexual11, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Hypersexual11

Gold Member

My shrink once 'diagnosed' me as a sex addict. I'm pretty sure it was so she could get me on some mind altering substance with a kickback for her.

I went in for a physical a few years ago and my blood test showed an elevated PSA which is a possible sign of prostate cancer. I had a biopsy on the prostate which came back fine.

As it was explained, a high PSA comes from the prostate dealing with a hormone described to me as 'super testosterone'. This hormone is damaging to the prostate, sometimes causing cancer. Again, this was explained to me by a doctor which means little. I have seen too many contradictions between doctors to believe they are always correct.

My ring finger is about 3/4" longer than my index finger. Compare yours. This is caused by a high testosterone level. A high estrogen level would make the index finger longer than the ring finger. Most are almost the exact length.

Sex addiction has always been presented as a psychological issue. I do feel like a sex addict. I think the evidence points to this being a physical issue rather than brain wiring.

I was obsessed with sex as far back as I can remember, like 4. I was having sexual experimentation at 5 with a neighbor boy. I was masturbating at about 7, the instant I learned of it. I did this for years before I started to ejaculate. I did have strong orgasms though.

The point of this post is to see if anyone out there feels like a sex addict and what is it that makes you feel this way. Always horny? Never satisfied? Many partners? If you feel like you are a sex addict, do you think it's in your head? Thanks in advance for your opinions.

2. luv2taste

Gold Member

And could you please post the scientific information regarding this statement.

travis beck likes this.
  3. Hypersexual11

Gold Member

same as the rest of my spouting, I had to see a lot of doctors when my PSA was high. It was really high, freakishly high. I was somewhat of a case study for them. This 'fact' about finger length was relayed to me by one of them. I know I stated it as fact, but really, I don't trust what comes out of most doctors mouths. They never seem to agree. My issue was given several reasons, most I dont care to remember. The finger thing stuck with me because I tended to look at others hands after that and have never seen my issue, on anyone.

At any rate, the reason given to me was that there are 2 growth plates in the forearm and hand. One plate is influenced by testosterone, the other, by estrogen. The only other time I have seen a reference to this was a news article scrolling across my home page. Something like "Gay men can be identified by the length of their fingers" Enough to get me to click. That story talked about longer index fingers on men. I had a gay friend, not really a flamer, but gay. His ring and index fingers were the same length. As has been the case on every hand I have looked at. So who knows, probably all bull shit.

4. lbushwalker

Gold Member

A fascinating question for multiple reasons and one which I will research myself for personal interest, one being that I also have an extended ring finger. Mine is only about 1cm longer but as far as I am aware my PSA is within limits for age but I have no idea what my Testosterone levels are doing. I have a greater than average interest in sex and much more so than my male siblings but my young SO can satisfy my needs fully as hers are even greater. I do not see myself as a sex addict but as an individual with an acute need and awareness of sexual matters. I am also personally homophobic.
    Meanwhile I will continue utilizing said extended digits for the gainful purposes of G spot massaging or digging out termites ;)

Hypersexual11 likes this.
  5. HotForHoney

Gold Member

I heard super sperm got a few girls pregnant at a pool party when the guy with this super sperm ejaculated in the pool.

Alwayslearningsex likes this.
  6. lbushwalker

Gold Member

They must have been using the Australian crawl from down under ;)

7. Sagittarius84

Gold Member

My ring finger is just over a half inch longer than my index finger, and I've always been in intrigued by the mechanics and intricacies of sex since about age 6.

And though I think it exists in rare cases more often than not I think the diagnosis of sex addiction is a tactic of moral superiority.

8. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

By "tactic of moral superiority" do you mean used to label those with a libido that might be considered over-active as "addicts" and therefore lesser?

9. Sagittarius84

Gold Member

Exactly. Its a lot easier to claim one's significant other as an addict, than it is for some to admit(and accept) they are not the totality of said significant others' sexual satisfaction.

10_3XL likes this.
  10. Hypersexual11

Gold Member

I've heard many a frigid wife complain of the husbands 'sex addiction'. Most caught hubby masturbating and that was enough proof. Poor bastards getting railed on by some dusty bat for having normal desires.

11. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

What constitutes an addiction for things other than sex? Food, drugs, alcohol, whatever... How do you determine if someone is addicted?
    Generally, it's if you cannot function without having whatever you are addicted to in high volume and at a high frequency. You shut down and lose function when you go without for any prolonged amount of time. Your brain constantly obsesses over it (not just thinking, I mean obsessing). Stuff like that...

In regards to you, @Hypersexual11 - I'd say you're not an addict, and anyone who tells you so is full of it. You may have come into your sexual self sooner than some and maybe you have/had higher levels of testosterone, but that doesn't make you a sex addict. You haven't presented any other things indicative of an addiction - not in my mind anyway.

Hypersexual11 likes this.
  12. Hypersexual11

Gold Member

Thanks 10, I tend to agree. I make some really bad choices due to some obsession but have found that it is a problem that feeds on itself. The more I got, the more I wanted. My wife had great advise for me 'stop putting yourself in situations where you can make bad choices'. That made me think about it, which made me realize when I was doing it and was able to simply stop doing it. There was some definite 'withdrawal' but as time went on, it eased. Kinda like stopping smoking. Hard at first but gets easier. Never actually losing the desire for a smoke, but able to not do it.

13. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Sex; wonderful sex, the spice of life!
    The less you get the more you want; the more you get the more you want!
    WTF, cannot win :confused:

travis beck and lucky5338 like this.