second time around

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by McJohn, Oct 10, 2013.

1. McJohn

McJohn New Member

Hello All,

After an 18 year relationship, 16 years of marriage I'm now a divorced dad of two boys, 13 and 14. I'm living a few miles down the road from them and spend every weekend and a couple of nights a week with them.

I'm also in a new and healthy relationship with a woman I adore. She's also divorced a few years ago and has kids that are friends with my sons. We're working through a lot of issues with mean and hateful ex-spouses. In both of our cases there was alcoholism and psychological abuse.

I didn't realize how much damage an abusive relationship can do to a person until I removed myself from the situation and had time to reflect. I really didn't realize how bad it was until after the divorce and my friends and family started sharing what they had seen with me. Very enlightening.

2. Mittimer

Gold Member

Welcome to :sf

3. almostthere

Gold Member

Welcome and hope all goes well for you. Lifes too short to be where you dont want to be

4. Bunnyx

Gold Member

I have been in abusive relationships in the past (although not nearly as long), so I empathize with your situation. Welcome to the site though.