Seasonale birth control

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by silentxperfecti, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silentxperfecti

silentxperfecti New Member

I have a quick question about Seasonal birth control pills. I know that they stop your period and you only have one once every three months. But, I am wondering if the PMS symptoms stop as well. I've tried looking online to find the answer but am not getting any luck. Hearing it from someone with personal experience with it might be better anyway. Thanks so much.

2. Braithwaite

Braithwaite New Member

For about three or four months, I was taking a different brand of birth control the same way you're supposed to take seasonale (the doc told me you can actually do this with any birth control pill). I was hoping that PMS wouldn't be so bad because I wasn't having my period, but it actually happened just the same, and even more frequently! This is because you have no "week off" of the pills, so that time when PMS comes is more often. I thought this was ridiculous, so I went back to taking them like normal.

3. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

I took Seasonale for 5 weeks & I bled the entire time. Absolutely horrible side effects for my body. I stopped taking them after 5 weeks, so I don't know if the PMS symptoms were in effect or not.

Good luck!

4. gurlcat

gurlcat New Member

get an i.u.d. no hormones, you don't have to worry about forgetting, and it lasts 10 years. it's what most female gynecologists get for themselves.

5. Braithwaite

Braithwaite New Member

I also had a lot of breakthrough bleeding the whole time, so it was like having half a period for weeks on end! :mad

6. Donia

Donia New Member

I tried it for about 6 months and bled almost constantly. It was worse than my regular period that already lasts 6-10 days. I've tried several brands of pills to control my period, but nothing seems to work. My tubes are tied so it's really just to try to lighten and shorten it. I've given up trying at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.