Scheduling Sex?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by jgood4u, Sep 11, 2007.

1. jgood4u

jgood4u New Member

In a book I've been reading on improving communications between partners, the concept of scheduling sex was mentioned as a way for couples that might disagree on the frequency of having it, could come to some compromise by scheduling sex for example, every Tuesday and Saturday evening.

It was mentioned that this is a rare occurrence, but it did cause me to wonder if anyone else has every tried to schedule their sex and what were your results.

2. Buffalo204

Buffalo204 Member

My last wife wanted to schedule it for a "Cold day in hell" :):) Serious? Sounds boring.

3. Mobius

Mobius New Member

Kinda sounds boring to me to^^ i like the sudden sex:D

4. cbrmale

Gold Member

Yes, we started this when our children were younger, it was a good way to keep regular sex going. We still do it (every Saturday and Sunday morning and Tuesday after work) out of habit.

It sounds rather dry, but in fact it works well. Somehow the knowledge that you are going to have sex gets your libido going, and as the day approaches, you are starting to hang out for it. Not only for me, also for my wife. Both libidos peak out of anticipation.

Life is busy: work, children and so on, and setting aside time for sex makes sense. I know it was more common in past days, and I don't know why the practice has faded away.

5. Mobius

Mobius New Member

well that makes sense to:) when your that busy hehe

6. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

After a couple years together my late wife and I compromised on a schedule of every 36 hours. I wanted it every day; she wanted it every other day. I preferred mornings; she preferred evenings. I have always disliked being turned down after making advances. The 36-hour schedule worked well for us. Sometimes she'd give me a freebie off schedule, and weekends and during vacations we'd work in a few extras, and Friday nights were usually "go for broke" marathons.

My current wife and I have fallen into a routine of every morning when she can sleep in late -- usually two days a week. Anything beyond that is a bonus.

7. cbrmale

Gold Member

I don't like being turned down for sex either, so it works for me. The frequency we currently have (scheduled three times a week and sometimes an impromptu fourth) works for both of us. Holidays is much more frequent and always impromptu, but I have a higher sex drive than my wife so I compromise downwards for her benefit.

I am quite affected by the seasons, as soon as spring warmth comes I get raging horny, so our impromptu sex becomes more frequent during the warm half of the year.

8. indagroove

indagroove New Member

I like spontanious sex as well, but we have 5 kids. My wife gives me two choices.

11:05 PM
    or
    7:05AM
    or
    both.

The morning slot has a time limit. The teenager has left for the bus, but the other 4 are getting up and will need supervision soon. (or else they wreck the house :) )

Our spontanious sex is a quickie when I grab her and drag her into the bedroom, or my workshop for a quicky, or BJ. She'll do the same sometimes by tackling me and sitting on my face. She also reserves the right to prempt anything I am doing on any given Saturday night. She get promotionals from the area motels and we'll go spend the night as she totes her little box of toys.

9. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

I did not read the replies to your question
    so I would not be influenced by them.
    My answer is
    IT SUCKS
    Good sex is always spontaneous, Like a after a good
    Evening out, A nice walk in the park, Doing things together
    that you both enjoy, Or just being turned on by how
    sexy she looks this evening.
    Or just viewing a great sunset, A warm night with a great moon.
    Should I go on.

Hiker

10. Bluesy

Gold Member

I agree! If your life is so hectic that you have to write in "sex, Tuesday, 9 pm" on the calendar, maybe you need to slow down and stop trying to do so much, you know what I mean :ugh Or turn the frigging TV off.

And how much fun could it possibly be if you know your spouse is "showing up for an appointment", and maybe would rather be doing something else. It would lose all appeal to me in that case. I'd rather have sex with my vibrator than a less-than-enthused partner.

11. so_over_it

so_over_it New Member

Borrrrrring

My husband tries to schedual sex it takes the fun out of it!! I want to be spontanious And if he plans it and it's late and the kids have been up he'll wait till like 4 am or whenever we finally get in bed and still expect it! meanwhile i'm snoring.... :ugh

12. so_over_it

so_over_it New Member

Indagroove Thats What I'm Talking About!!! Thats How It Should Be

13. MrFusion

MrFusion New Member

In our relationship, I don't think we have an issue with frequency, but I've always heard that scheduling sex always for one night a week (Plus whatever else you can mutually work in...) builds some anticipation for the event. However, if you have good frequency now it's probably not as big of an issue.

I do have to agree with the spontaineity issue though. There's nothing better than sex whenever the mood strikes. However sometimes my SO will ruin some spontaineous making out with "Are you horny?" That really dampens the mood. If you're in the mood, just go with it.

If frequency is an issue, talk with your SO and create the ten minute rule. Whenever the mood strikes one of you and the other isn't quite in the mood enforce the ten minute rule. Go with whatever the other has started (Making out, feeling up, etc..) for ten minutes. If after ten minutes the initially disinterested party is still disinterested, then you stop. (Hint: The other party will rarely be still disinterested.)

14. p00shy

p00shy New Member

My and my girl have a scheduled every monday. so at least once a week.

15. Thorn

Gold Member

Rose and I don't schedule sex on the same day of the week but we will talk over our life's schedule of the next couple of days and come up with a planed sex time like maybe "this Sat. morning." And it works for us. The sex is as good as spontaneous sex, which we also have from time to time. I'm with indagroove's statements above in this thread. :tup

16. Livvie

Livvie New Member

Scheduling sex sounds weird.
    I makes it sound like a hastle.

17. Howie_t

Howie_t New Member

Me and my wife always set a day in the week to have a date night.We do that to spend intamate time with eachother and to have sex.We do that because of the way she and I work and It works out great.

18. usccocks1

usccocks1 New Member

It never works long term..

19. hartsan

hartsan New Member

never had a set reoccuring schedule, but every once in a while, me and the girl will plan out a time during the day and let me tell you, anticipation does build up! and it adds a little excitement to the daily routine (as mundane and dull as it may initially seem).

20. Bluesy

Gold Member

So scheduling sex can actually create anticipation, eh? Very interesting!