[Ask a Girl] scent...

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by talldarknaverage, Jun 16, 2011.

1. talldarknaverage

talldarknaverage New Member

You ocasionally hear stories about pheromones and such. I wonder if scent is a powerful attractant, weather it be conscious or sub-conscious? I know the smell of some women is very attractive, when you get close enough to smell their fragrance...perfumes and soaps react differently to an individuals body chemistry to make unique fragrances...

Ladies, what do you think about a man's scent? Are you attracted to a man that smells good? What is a good scent in your opinion? Does it set a man apart? I dont wear cologne but I use after shave....burt's bees or a very light mint lotion from target. My GF thinks I smell good.

2. nurseharley

Gold Member

a man's scent is always one of the things you remember, wherever you go and you smell it, you think of him. i find it very comforting. thats why i sleep in one of his shirts :D

ive always thought aqua di gio is a good one, but eternity aint bad either.

3. backcheck64

Gold Member

Yea right, try my underarmor after I've played hocky. You won't sleep, you'll pass out.

4. Trond

Gold Member

My wife really likes it when I smell of sandalwood aftershaves or colognes. The one from Taylor of Old Bond Street is pretty classy without being ridiculously expensive.

5. katykitan

katykitan New Member

Nothing is worse than the smell of "fresh" hockey equipment! My husband plays, and its enough to gag a maggot. For some odd reason though - the cat LOVES it. He's always complaining about finding cat hair in his gear...when he lays it out to dry, she rolls herself all over it. EWW!!

I associate certain smells with my husband - grease and motor oil, Old Spice body wash - even the icky "after hockey" smell. I love when I wake up in the morning and he's already left for work - I move to his side of the bed, because it smells like "him". Cologne is nice, but its his natural, familiar smells that I love and am most attracted to, if that makes any sense.

#5 katykitan, Jun 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2011
  6. Druthers

Druthers New Member

Sensory input from smell is the biggest trigger for the amygdala's attachment of oxytocin-based emotion onto short and long-term hippocampal memory, resulting in a high propensity of scent-based reactions which are predominantly positive in any amorous context.

Also; girls smell nice.

I use ToOBS sandalwood shaving cream, smells sooo good.

Geo F. Trumper Sandalwood Skinfood for aftershave, though.

#6 Druthers, Jun 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2011
  7. Trond

Gold Member

Trumper's skinfood is the best :D. You can actually combine it with an alcohol-based aftershave.

8. Alwayslearningsex

Gold Member

It trigger memories. If it's a good memory chances are it will help.
    Some smells do it for me.

9. backcheck64

Gold Member

My equipment is rank, but my son and daughter are both goalies and goalie equipment is even worse. Try tournaments when they play 6 games in a weekend and the hotel won't let you set things out to destink, and then drive 7 or 8 hours with that stuff in the van.

My wife is used to hockey smell, grease, exhaust, paint, drywall, polyurathane, grass and weeds, etc.

10. nurseharley

Gold Member

I only understood the last sentence :eyes

11. Trond

Gold Member

Not to worry. It was either poorly phrased or specifically formulated to be confusing. I recognize all the words (parts of the brain etc), but their connection is shaky :)

12. katykitan

katykitan New Member

That shouldn't be allowed! Gross! My brother was a goalie growing up - that stuff was WAY worse. I'm glad my oldest has taken no interest in being in net! We've found that freezing the equipment (I see you're in Missouri - don't know how well that'd work) when there is lots of time between games helps keep the stink down. Kills the germs, I guess!

13. Texas_Red

Gold Member

Well, OPs post was asking ladies, but this is a topic both sexes can talk about, so I'll jump in anyway. :p Different memories are triggered by different things, and generally one sense is the strongest trigger for said memories. Scent is probably one of the stronger ones if I had to assume/guess. Without going into too much detail back when I was 21 my GF of the time had to leave for a while. For the next week I slept using her pillow because it had the smell of her hair on it. It helped calm me down and allowed me to sleep easier.

Cats just like strong smells. That's why you'll see them doing the same with fresh sweaty socks or just taken off shoes, etc. They roll in it both to mark it up and to sort of camouflage themselves in the scent. We just think "silly fucking cat :p "

Also, fucking Druthers getting all scientific with it. :p

14. katykitan

katykitan New Member

That makes perfect sense - she likes getting in freshly washed towels too, much to my dismay! Weird little animals, cats are. :)

15. talldarknaverage

Thats alot of good smell info..I'll have to look into this sandalwood business. I've also heard that bay rum smells good, but I've never smelled it or had a girl mention it. I do really like the burt's bee's aftershave lotion..it's woody smelling...or something like that.

I know a girl that does NOT smell good. I see her at the gym, even before working out she is smelly. WTF?

16. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

In all honesty the only mans scent that has stuck with me is Douchebag's. I just remember the burying my nose into his skin and taking it all in.

No aftershave, no cologne.. just his smell.. even after a long hard days work I loved his smell. I would prefer him to just wash with soap and not spray on anything because it messed with his unique smell that drew me to him.

Fahrenheit by Dior is probably the only cologne I absolutely love on a man. Believe me women will swoon over you if you wear it LOL.

I can smell it from far away.. and am instantly drawn to it. I have asked many strangers if they have on fahrenheit! sure enough they do

17. Beach

Beach New Member

I'm out of cologne at the moment..Last I had was simply Tommy Bahama I think... I will try and find this Fahrenheit and check it out.. :)

18. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Awesome :) let me know what you think!

19. Trond

Gold Member

Yes, be warned guys. Trumper is generally a bit more....uh....like this.

If you dislike the word "gentleman" then it's probably not for you.:p

20. talldarknaverage

Swooning is what it's all about.