Safe Sex?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by dazed-confused, Jun 8, 2009.

1. dazed-confused

dazed-confused New Member

One thing I've always wondered about safe sex. If both you and your partner are clean and are in a monogamous relationship -- is it possibly to contract an STI/STD? (assuming condom WAS used). I imagine one can, but what are the odds? Google was useless in this case, albeit I may not have been using the right key words.

i.e. I just had a screening and it was clear. Girl is a virgin -- therefore, odds are minimal or?

Thanks.

2. Kanto

Kanto Member

Wife and I have been in a monogamous and condomless relationship for over 5 years. No STDs for either of us.

Odds are unbelievably slim, unless one ore more of you have some very bad hygiene habits and live with a few other people who have similarly bad habits.

3. Barbwire

Gold Member

That all depends on what you mean by "virgin". Is she one of those virgins that only had oral or anal sex and still things of herself as pure because she hasn't had her cherry popped/ You might want to make sure you both have the same definition of virgin before you think about bumping uglies.

4. dazed-confused

She'd done nothing but making out and a lot of groping before me. I had to teach her pretty much everything, heh.

5. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but I'd say it's impossible to catch a disease from someone who isn't infected with it or a carrier of it. Unless your girlfriend is one those unfortunate few who was born infected with something, which can happened with AIDS, I'm curious as to what made you think you could catch something from her?

We had one former member who insisted he caught herpes from his wife, who he also insisted was a virgin when she passed it onto him, but we're all a bit "dazed and confused" by that and wonder how it could possibly be true.

We came to the conclusion that it's much more likely he caught it from one of the many prostitutes he used to visit.

6. loveit247

Gold Member

No! It was from his virgin wife, Thors hammer could never catch anything from a prostitute! It is far to mighty, wonderful and huge for mere human diseases! :lol

7. dazed-confused

That's what I figured, but then I wonder -- where does the strain come from then? Someone had to be the first, did they not? And how did they get it.

Unless my logic is really confused.

8. loveit247

Gold Member

Viruses mutate and change over time. It is called evolution. It is the way of life.

9. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Nobody can catch any STD/STI without promiscuous sex, well except priests.
    So if neither partners have it now how could they?

10. HardRocker

Gold Member

Other than a yeast infection, but that's not really categorized as an STD even though it could pass that way. I suppose monogamous women could pass it to one another.

11. shvdmlnj

shvdmlnj New Member

Would one classify cold sores as an STD? That is a form of herpes, so in effect I guess you could...

12. HardRocker

Gold Member

Common cold sores are caused by a different strain of herpes than genital herpes. It won't cause an outbreak of the genitals.

Genital herpes, however, can cause blisters on the mouth of an oral sex partner, and during an outbreak, can be transmitted from mouth to genital.

So, your answer is no, common cold sores are not considered to be an STD.

13. spaceforme

spaceforme New Member

I was in a similar situation a few years back. I had a 'one night stand' (with condom) when I lost my virginity and then after i moved on, matured a little and got into a serious relationship my then girlfriend was a virgin and wanted me to get tested before we had sex. It didnt occur to me at the time to ask if she had done anything else with other guys like fooling around.. However, I think it would be very rare, if not impossible to pass something that neither one of you have.

However some diseases can be passes mother to child in the womb, or during birth in the case of herpes (during an outbreak - with a vaginal delivery, thats usually never performed in such cases)