safe sex?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by n0t0r10u5, Jul 3, 2007.

1. n0t0r10u5

n0t0r10u5 New Member

Hey everyone,
    I have been dating my girlfriend now for 2 and a half years and we have been sexually active for 2 of them! Now, i CANNOT stand wearing a condom, but do NOT want a baby as i am still young (legal, but too young for a baby). Now, she is on the pill and whatnot but i am not sure if the pill is safe enough to rely on it as the only form of birth control! We both get tested monthly for STD's and whatnot and are both clean from everything! Thanks in advance guys and gals!

2. igor

Gold Member

If neither of you is screwing someone else, you don't need to be tested monthly any more. As for BC, most methods are in the 90 percent plus range when used properly. Doubling up methods increases the safety factor a lot. I personally never found condoms that much of an issue but I guess some guys do. It's up to you.

3. browneu

browneu New Member

You can try other types of birth control to use besides a condom along with the pill. There is the sponge, diaphrams, and spermacides.

4. Iron Hero

Iron Hero New Member

I always hated condoms, but I had to learn to live with them. I'm not bothered by them anymore.

5. Halogen

Halogen New Member

Well..I know condoms suck, but I really do strongly recommend them.

Personally? I'm guilty of russian roulette. We don;t use condoms. I'm on the pill, and I track my cycles very closely, so I know what days i'm fertile and/or ovulating, and I avoid sex for those days. He also pulls out before he comes.

Now, I realize I'm still taking a risk, so if that sounds like something you and your gf want to do, a warning: YOU COULD STILL GET HER PREGNANT FAIRLY EASILY.

Thank you :D

6. Green Eyes

Green Eyes New Member

With the pill there is a possibility of pregnancy. My second child was conceived on the pill. Since having her I went back on the pill and used the pull out method, and have not gotten pregnant. I don't want anymore kids and by talking with my Dr. I decided on the IUD, which is the hormone free one. I have not had any problems with the IUD and it will work for 8 years and I don't have to try and remember to take the pill anymore.
    My advice is talk with the Dr. :)

7. scorpio_nymph

scorpio_nymph New Member

if she's on the pill this really shouldn't be an issue. part of the reason i got on the pill is 'cause i want to be able to screw without a condom. while getting pregnant on the pill is a possibility, it's very low. if you absolutely insist upon using another form of birth control, excepting condoms, there are, as previously mentioned, sponges, diaphragms, and spermicides, but all that really seems like overkill to me. honestly, the pill should be enough.

8. InHerOnly

InHerOnly Member

I have also been going out with my g/f for a little over 2 years now and we never use condoms. Granted she is on the pill and i am currently looking for an engagement ring, but it doesnt matter. We both know what the consequences could be. Just make sure she is ready not to use a condom.

9. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I agree with Scorpio_Nymph.

Honey, the pill is a lot more reliable than condoms. Unless you're using them for protection against STDs then there's really no need to supplement the pill with condoms. Some people are freaked out by the idea of bareback sex, but if you truly hate using condoms that much then it's more than okay to stop using them.

Just know that nothing is 100% against pregnancy apart from abstinence.

10. Bluesy

Gold Member

It's virtually impossible to get preggers while on the pill unless you aren't using them correctly. If you miss one, you have to use condoms the rest of the month. Taking them at wildly irregular times (I believe there's something like a 2 hour safety cushion), or skipping a pill, are really the only instances in which a person puts herself at risk for pregnancy. If you take them regularly, like you're supposed to, it should be a non-issue.

11. runnerx32

runnerx32 New Member