sad face - anyone else relate to this ?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by MissJuicy, Dec 5, 2012.

1. MissJuicy

Verified Gold Member

So, me and my ex have been apart for about 3 years or so, and yeah ive been with guys since as he knows, and he has been with other women, i love him to death he knows that, but my priorities have changed.

what ive found is that, there still isnt anyone who can make me feel the same :ugh

has anyone else ever felt like this ?

2. boobjob

Verified Gold Member

I had a girl that I couldn't get over. For four years wafter we broke up we couldn't give it up. Every once in a while we would even end up in bed. Then I met and fell in love with my wife. 2d years now and no regrets. If it isn't right, let him go.

3. Frank84

Frank84 Member

Ive been there got a house with ex was ready for kids with her one day she wanted out and left. Was hard cos we lived in same village when she left do kept seeing her so took me a couple of years to get over her. But did find someone even better than her. Now married with child and couldn't be happier

4. CreamyJustice

Gold Member

We often change at different paces and that sucks for most couples. I had a relationship that was off and on again for like 5 years. The thing about breakups and makeups is, while what got you two together in the beginning will often be the thing that brings you both together again after the break up; but the very thing that broke you up, will rear its ugly head again and make you remember why... if he makes you feel good, you have to decide can you deal with his other downfalls. It was obiously important enough that it split you two apart. So while it was good, it wasn't for you. You want more, you deserve more. You won't get over it quickly or easily but it should help you to appreciate what it is you need right now, and when it comes to you, you'll know it. Just take it one day at a time.

5. MissJuicy

Verified Gold Member

Thanks for the comments people, we love each other, we only split up because I couldn't properly commit because I left my child behind and moved to be with him, now that he is willing to give up everything for me I would feel so guilty if he did as I know how hard it can be to leave everything behind and I would feel selfish !

6. sandwich

Gold Member

Hi. I'm Sandwich, and I don't think we've met. I had on again off again feelings for my first boyfriend, and I broke up with him for the wrong reasons. We've stayed in touch, but mostly by phone since he lives somewhere else.

He was divorced about a year when we met, and I was substantially younger than him. I always got the feeling he was hoping we would get back together, and we've danced around the subject any number of times. Here comes the but...but there was always something holding me back, and I've only figured out what it was this fall, and this may sound strange, but the something was someone else who I've been friends with who I now love, but I would have had no way of knowing this.

I came really close to getting back together with him when my engagement went south, and I am glad I didn't knowing what I know now. So with all this in mind I am wondering if there are good reasons not to "go there" that the love gods of the universe have not told you about.