Rubber or no

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by captain, Nov 17, 2010.

1. captain

captain New Member

Ok, my girlfriend and I have been seeing each other for about two months now, and we've been putting off the sex till now. She tells me that she is allergic to the spermicide in condoms. Now, she has just started using birth control and we've both been tested for STD's and are both clean. I have always used a rubber even though I hate them, because I can't hardly feel a thing with them on. But she says "no sex with a rubber". Should I go ahead and not use a rubber, will it be safe if she's on birth control?

2. awakened

awakened New Member

When i worked with ob/gyn's they recommened 3 solid months of birth control pill use before they are to be 99% effective. hth

3. HardRocker

Gold Member

I second that. The hormone pills take a while to stabilize at their therapeutic level. The package should have that info, as does the doctor. Until then, you should take some added measure of birth control. There are all types of condoms, so there should be no problem finding a type that she won't have a reaction to.

4. Alwayslearningsex

Gold Member

Remember sex is also manual, oral, toys, anal.
    No need for total abstinence.

5. MyIcarus

MyIcarus New Member

You may also want to try lambskin condoms - though they don't prevent STD's they do help prevent pregnancy. On a more personal note, I refuse to trust the ability of birth control 100% to work effectively - nothing is failsafe other than abstinence. If that's too much to ask, Alwayslearning has a great point...there are a ton of toys/other body parts that can be used to accomplish mutual ejaculation.

6. johndeeregirl

johndeeregirl New Member

this was going to be my suggestion.. I have a friend with a latex allergy (imagine finding that out the hard way ;) ) so she uses lambskin condoms

7. Mittimer

Gold Member

You can also get a condom that doesn't have spermicidal lube in it...I only know of one that has it.

Then again, I could be wrong. Check into it.

8. octavius

Gold Member

You should try different kinds of condoms. Go to a speciality shop or online and get a "variety pack". The selection you can get at a typical pharmacy is pretty limited. My problem is I last a really long time during sex and cutting my sensitivity made it ridiculous to the point I couldn't cum most of the time. But, after experimenting I found some that worked for me. I really like the Paradise super sensitive condoms and Crown skinless condoms. You have to use lube but they don't totally cut off sensation. If you're on the large side of average you might also want to try the Durex non latex condoms. They're pretty good as well.