Rewarded For My Patience...

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Fliteskates, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Fliteskates

Fliteskates Member

Hey all... I had an amazing weekend and since some of the advice I got on here helped make it possible, I figured I should take the time to write about it and let you all know that your advice does help people (and to help encourage others who I know are going through something similar).

If some of you remember back in March I posted that I was worried about my g/fs health because of her father's stroke and her depression... she gained about 10 lbs and was eating poorly and stop working out... kept getting sick etc.

I asked for my mom's advice and the women on here about the best way to handle it...

So basically my mom and the women on here told me to just be there for her and to not pressure her into working out again.. eating well.. etc. That she would have to come around on her own and would just resent me if I kept pressuring her...

It was very hard to be honest.. as the process took time... there where days I wanted to scream at her and say WTF!!! But I knew it wouldn't help the situation.. so I had to swallow my male urge to "fix things" and just keep letting her know how much I loved her and when she was ready I would be here for her... and I kept working out, eating well... setting a good example with actions and few words.

Now I'm far from perfect and some days I would be really upset at her and would make a comment... but I tried to do it in a constructive way that didn't hurt her feelings... but I kept these comments to a minimum.

She got back to the gym in mid April, but wasn't very consistent... one week she would go 3-4 times.. the next maybe once... it was very hard for me not to say anything... but I just kept my mouth shut and tried to be patient...

When she wanted to go get ice cream 2-3 times a week I held my tongue... when she got the big super sized clog your arteries tub I cringed but still held my tongue... I knew it would just piss her off if I said anything.

Each month got a little better in the exercise dept... her eating habits started to get better as well.. I started to make her lunches for work for her.. cooked our meals etc. to try and help her get back on track.

In late June she started to run outside with a co-worker... maybe a block or two...

Then one day she asked me if she could run with me... I was really happy to hear that and agreed.

The first time she ran with me was brutal... I thought she was going to die... we made it around the block once and she fell on the steps and almost puked... I was pretty discouraged... but I tried to hide it and told her she did well for her first time...

We kept at it all month and yesterday she hit the 2 mile mark! I was stoked as hell... I couldn't believe how far she had come in 3 weeks. Not only can she run 2 miles pretty easily now.. she also can talk to me and carry on a conversation as we run.

Yesterday was such a huge day for me and my patience was finally rewarded... I'm on a huge high right now and just wanted to thank everyone for their helpful advice back in March.

2. Barbwire

Gold Member

This is the best post I've EVER read on SF, hands down!

Thank you for sharing your bliss with us, man, you're da bomb. :cool

3. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Ya' know, it's nice when someone gleans some advice from :sf, and comes back to thank us and give some updates. Thanks, Fliteskates, for taking the time and I'm real glad things are going well!

:grouphug

4. Fliteskates

Fliteskates Member

Thanks for the love CL and Rose...

Being a guy it was hard to understand early on why she didn't just get back on the horse right away... because I have that fight through it all attitude, even when I'm hurt, etc... so I was trying to project that on to her and it wasn't working...

Obviously my mom's advice will always be the most important to me... but when I posted on here all of the women pretty much echoed what she told me.. and offered other tidbits and insights that really helped me understand what my g/f was going through.

Just had a great weekend all around... my g/f and I went out Saturday to look at engagement rings and she put her hair up in this clip... just the middle so that the rest of her long hair fell on the sides of her face... she never did this before...

I couldn't take my eyes off her all day (more so than usual)... I pulled her aside at one point and pushed her up agt. a wall in a very public place and kissed her for about a minute... then told her how sexy she looked and I loved what she did with her hair...

We came home and I ripped her clothes off because I couldn't take it anymore, she was making me such a horn dog... and said let's try something new... and I pulled her hips off the bed and knelt down and slowly slid myself in and out of her... it was unreal that a simple little change like that would feel so great...

She started to moan and grabbed my arms and came really hard... and then so did I... i crawled up next to her and we cuddled and I asked her if she liked that and she said yes... I asked her to rate it on a scale of 1-11 and she said a 9... it was a great feeling lying there naked with her and having found a new position we both loved.

Then as I said on Sunday she ran 2 miles with me...

Just a great weekend and I'm really hot for her right now... can't wait to see her this afternoon :)

5. Animularisen

Animularisen New Member

I'm glad theirs guys out there with patient.

6. Dreama

Gold Member

See? Patience is a virtue, and you were rewarded accordingly. You just have to let women do what they will. I am so glad she's getting back on track, and I'm really proud of you for just letting her do what she needed to do for herself to get better. You are awesome.

7. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

There is something to be said about a woman who is made to feel sexy..... even if it's done by virtue of knowing what she is 'inside'. Sometimes, women don't see themselves clearly. Your love and acceptance gave her the push she needed.

"A WISE man once said......nothing....." Think about it ;)