[Ask a Girl] Reverse cowgirl

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by Husband_of_redhead, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Husband_of_redhead

Husband_of_redhead Member

Photos:
    So on our 10th anniversary vacation, I suggested to my wife to try reverse cowgirl. She really seemed to like the position, but her leg muscles fatigued quickly. Any suggestions for how she can try the position and get the most endurance from her legs?

For what its worth, we tried it on a bed so I think the softer surface meant for more work, and she was on her feet squatting... I imagine that if she was on her hands and knees almost like doggy style that would be easier, but I wanted to see if anyone would be so kind as to share their experience please.
  2. Alwayslearningsex

Alwayslearningsex Gold Member

I don't know you and your wife but the only thing coming up to mind is workout, exercise, fitness. Also practice and habit, getting more comfortable doing it.

3. nyxx

nyxx New Member

sqauts and lunges
  4. AGFUNK

AGFUNK Gold Member

Photos:
    I usually do reverse cowgirl on my knees rather than on my feet that way I can do it longer.
  5. hornyscot

hornyscot New Member

kneeling astrde you, knees taking the weight, and a rocking motion rather than a squatting up and down motion, less pressure and lasts longer. hope this helps.
  6. Husband_of_redhead

Photos:
    I just want to point out, I was searching around for the answers to my question but in my searching when I tried to include the term ergonomics, I got the sense that the topic of ergonomics and sex isn't really given a lot of thought.

As an engineer, I find that I think about things differently. But the point I really wanted to make is that as an engineer, within my profession I need to be a jack of all trades and a master of some. I'm not a master in ergonomics, but I can extrapolate from what I do know and my mastery of mechanics.

The problem with squatting is that lifting the same amount of weight uses more strength when knee is bent such that your thigh and calf are close together. That's what you're doing if you're squatting and trying to thrust up and down, you're trying to lift your body in a position where your muscles must work harder.

On your knees thrusting in a more horizontal than vertical direction you're using your back muscles in a position where they are at an advantage, and you're also utilizing your bones to support your weight in compression rather than trying to rotate your knee and hip joints, and you also aren't trying to raise your mass.

But then again there are also things about ergonomics that go beyond simple mechanics. For example, my home inspector has some sort of judo background so he showed us a neat trick about if you raise your tongue in a relaxed manner to touch the rough of your mouth, you have more strength in your arms... And this is a trick that comes in handy working in confined spaces like in a crawlspace under your house, where you have to use muscles you don't as often use as you might be doing in a reverse curl exercise. (elbow above your sholder extending weight upward with your forearm, uses your triceps)
  7. Dragon_Fire

Dragon_Fire Gold Member

I always do it kneeling. I've never tried it squatting, didn't realise I was meant to. ???
  8. Husband_of_redhead

Photos:
    Every other time my wife has been on top she's done kneeling, and when she tried reverse cowgirl she started out kneeling but went to squatting. She probably didn't give it much thought, I'm sure I'm probably over-analyzing - it's just in my nature as an engineer.

I also get mentally hung up on remote references... If you meant that you read my post as suggesting that you're meant to do reverse cowgirl from the squatting position, then I might have mis-spoke. If you meant that my post suggested doing it from kneeling position, then I guess that's what I thought would be more ergonomic.

But you never know, that's why I asked.

I also meant to mention... My wife goes to the gym twice a week and does half marathons, so she's in decent shape. I don't do anything for exercise but apparently whatever work and lifting I do around the house is enough to maintain my muscle strength, but I suffer from a bit of a spare tire.
  9. Dragon_Fire

Dragon_Fire Gold Member

It's okay, Husband_of_redhead, I have a cheeky sense of humour. I knew you weren't implying that we all should do it squatting but if I tried it that way, I am sure I wouldn't manage five seconds - not just because of strength but also due to lack of balance and co- ordination.
  10. Black_Magic83

Black_Magic83 Member

Kneeling feels amazing, you can get a good momentum there. Tried it this morning, now I know why it is one of my favourite positions. It feels great when I curve my back towards him, the penetration feels deeper.

I think I will try squatting tonight!! ;)
  11. skinnyminnie

skinnyminnie Gold Member

I have trouble with this two. I am skinny with very strong legs but lazy so working out is not an option. The best way to get around this is to do reverse cowgirl on a chair. If he sits on a computer chair or dining room chair with no arms, I can position myself on top of him and move this way for much longer. Plus, the desk/table gives me some grip and I can use my arms to pull up instead of using all leg muscles. Also, if there is no desk/table, I scoot the chair up to the nearest wall and grip that.

Now, if on the bed, I do it on my knees until I am tired and then switch to the squats until I'm tired, then back to the knees again. When I get really tired, I will just give him head for a while then get back into it. It allows me to stay in this position for longer without getting too burned out because my mister loves for me to be on top. Personally, it does nothing for me but he loves breasts, so what can you do? My legs have gotten stronger over the years and I don't get tired as fast. It just takes practice.