return of the i.u.d.

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by gurlcat, May 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gurlcat

gurlcat New Member

May 5, 2006
    for those of you ladies who don't know, the i.u.d. contraception device is totally different from the one they had problems with in the 70's and 80's. it is now quite safe and virtually side effect free.

the perks:

NO HORMONES! that's right, no weight gain, headaches, erratic periods, breast cancer risks, none of that shit.

no at-the-moment use. so unlike condums, sponges, diaphrams or films, you don't have to put off sex while you shove in or on some device on yourself or your man. it's up in your uterus so you don't have to do anything.

no forgetting to take a pill

10 year effectiveness! (unless you get it removed before then)

more effective than any other birth control

the drawbacks:

you have to have a doctor insert it, but it takes only a few minutes and is painless

possible cramping while your body adjusts to it

some doctors will not insert one in a woman who has not yet had any kids

if you want to know more, obviously do your research online and/or at your gynecologist's, the health department, or planned parenthood.

i got one a few months ago and have had no problems at all. i love that i don't even have to think about it.

and as a final incentive: take it from the experts: the i.u.d. is the method used most among female gynecologists. if they prefer it you know it must be the best.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.