[Ask a Girl] Relationship with a bi guy?

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by redboy, Oct 17, 2013.

1. redboy

redboy Member

(back story) recently an ex of mine got with a girl. Between our shared friends this is our first knowledge of any bi or homosexual behaviour from her. This got me thinking I know that men will happily get with a female that has had sexual with another woman (and probably find it a turn on) this lead me to wonder....

(question) how do woman feel about being with a man they know has had sex with another/multiple men? (not as part of your relationship or activities)

The way I see it is that there seems to be a much greater acceptance or less of a stigma for woman being bi than men

2. Mittimer

Gold Member

My husband is bisexual. I've known of prior experiences he had with men before we were together and I know of experiences he's had since we've been together and ones we've shared.

I am pansexual and have been with both men and women. I have no place to judge him for his preference in sexual relations, as I am no different then he is.

sluty likes this.
  3. Docksitter

Docksitter New Member

What I have noticed (as a bisexual man) is that the assumption of many women, possibly most of them, is that a bisexual man is really just "on the way to gay", incapable of marital fidelity, or both.

4. Mittimer

Gold Member

That's not true. I am a woman, I am married to a bisexual man. If I thought he was just "on the way to gay" then I wouldn't have married him. I am bisexual as well, if I were just "on the way to gay" I doubt my husband would waste his time pledging his love and life to me.

5. redboy

redboy Member

Interesting points, from what I have seen with men I know that have had bisexual relationships seem to have more 'boyfriends' afterwards than, in comparison to females partners before hand. Though I think as Im still only 22, seeing people of the same age in these relationships, there is definitely less acceptance of bi males (saying they are just gay in denial) perhaps when people grow up abit it is more accepted?

Whereas as a male (and knowing males) the idea of a bisexual female partner seems great, perhaps thats a juvenile outlook as well a mentallity of "oooh might have a threesome"

6. whiskeysox

whiskeysox New Member

As a bi guy, I've found most women (that i've met) don't like it. They think most men will go out and cheat and find it easier to do so with more options.

7. Bunnyx

Gold Member

Personally, I see nothing wrong with it. If anything, a bisexual man is more attractive because it shows that he is potentially open minded like me and, if nothing else, he can understand me being bisexual easier than a straight man.
    No matter your sexual orientation (gay, straight, lesbian, bisexual, polysexual, pansexual, etc), if you love someone, you won't just go out and cheat on them.

8. Meee

Gold Member

My only concern about a man with a history of multiple partners (men or women) would be his disease status, though that can be discussed and tested for.

sluty and Destinyawaits like this.
  9. HotForHoney

Gold Member

I feel that if a person is bi, in a monogamous relationship, there will always be something they aren't getting physically.

10. Silverfox

Gold Member

So, are you saying they'll want to stray? Or be frustrated? Or, that they shouldn't be in a monogamous relationship?

11. HotForHoney

Gold Member

I think they are capable of a monogamous relationship. I would feel like there is something I couldn't give them.

To each his own, I'm not judging. Maybe I don't have enough confidence but being in a relationship with someone who is bi is too much for me to handle.

12. Silverfox

Gold Member

This is how I look at it. If two people agree to commit themselves to each other in a monogamous relationship, it doesn't matter if they're hetero, bi or gay. They've committed themselves to monogamy.

Conversely, if they know their relationship isn't going to be sexually exclusive, then monogamy is not for them. Two people, hetero, bi or gay can still be committed, but not monogamous.

A practical example. I'm hetero and in a committed monogamous relationship with Silverette. Does that mean that no other woman ever attracts my attention? Of course not, but since I'm in a monogamous relationship, I choose not to act on my impulse. It should be the same with any couple who chooses this lifestyle, no matter what their orientation is.

13. Destinyawaits

Destinyawaits Member

14. Destinyawaits

Destinyawaits Member

My whole issue too is that it seems no one worries about STD'S I have seen many amateur videos where none is using a condom I wouldn't want to risk my health for sexual pleasure.

Stoneten69 likes this.