Rejected

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by runnerx32, Jul 6, 2007.

1. runnerx32

runnerx32 New Member

This happened a while ago(years), yet it still lingers in my mind.

Back in high school, I liked this girl. But was always too shy to talk to her. I'd occasionally pick on her, she hated it. The next year, we had some classes together, and we both picked on eachother a lot, the flirty kind not in any way cruel. Then we started talking a lot more. We talked for every night for 2+ hours and it was great. There wasnt anything we wernt uncomfortable talking about.

She was a curious girl, and would often ask me thing about guys, and I'd tell her, and aks something back. She seemed to enjoy my curiosity soo much. But as time went on, we became a bit more than friends. And she started flirting a lot more with me. It got to the point where most people though we actually were a couple.

Well I got thinking one night, and decided I'd ask her to go out with me. We'd been talking every night for over a year and she'd gone through 3 boyfriends and hadnt had one for a while. So I asked her, but her answer still confuses me.

She said, "No, I'm sorry. I'm not ready for a long term relationship, and you're so perfect for me. You have no idea." I was crushed really. She had told friends she wanted to go out with me 2 days before. But months later, another guy asked her out. And he's all i heard about from her, and she thought she loved him and wanted it to last forever. Eventually she ended up completely forgetting about me. I was no longer the one to turn to when things got rough, but another face in the halls.

Ladies, why would that be a reason to reject a guy? I dont quite understand. Too perfect?

2. n0t0r10u5

n0t0r10u5 New Member

Thats never fun! I have had a similar experience, happened years ago, but still kinda bugs me.

3. runnerx32

runnerx32 New Member

yeah, this was 11 years ago lol..

4. Hertoy

Hertoy New Member

I had a similar thing happen to me. The roles were reversed. I talked to this girl for over a year. She was perfect for me very pretty so smart, but it scared the crap out of me. It was like she was the one I needed. She knew everything about me and me about her. I guess that is what kinda freaked me out. She wanted to date but I just couldn't. Now 3 years later are we coming back to where we can talk and have fun together.

5. Barbwire

Gold Member

I have a similar story to relate. I used to be great friends with this guy named Kenny. We hung out all the time, sat together on the bus, went to each other's houses, and in general were really close. I never had a boyfriend in high school, but he was the closest I got. One day, a friend of mine told me that Kenny as planning on asking me out. I was so excited, I still remember my heart beating in my chest the next day when he got on the bus and sat with me. Well, he never asked me out and we just drifting away from one another not long after that when he got a girlfriend. I don't know if I can honestly say I was crushed by the whole thing, but I was very confused and rejected feeling.

Runner, I can't give you an answer to your question, but I can give you a cyber hug and tell you I understand where you are coming from, man. :grouphug

6. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

I suppose it's happened to most of us. If it happened 11 years ago, (hmmmm...) I would hope that you have moved on... ?
    Honestly, there is always going to be someone who, for whatever reason, finds us easy to talk to, confide in, etc... all the things that a great lover is made of! - but they seem to be drawn toward something different. It's part of high school love. I mean, you were about 14 then? I've cried over many guys who dissed me that way at that age. It DOES get better.

:brow I may have even made a couple of them cry...
    "What goes around, comes around" :tup

7. Kahurin

Kahurin New Member

You guys were 14 and you hard just barely began to hit puberty. how old were the guys she was going after? no one knows what they want at that cage...if you believe in fate just know it was suppose to happen and if you were suppose to be with that girl it well either happen later or soon?!

8. liquidshells

liquidshells New Member

Here's the reason.

When you want a girl, more than friends, you need to start with attraction. You started by getting comfortable, so were put into the "friends" category. You two OBVIOUSLLY were into each other, etc, however, her accepting you as MORE than a friend meant RISKING you as a friend say a messy breakup should occur. She wasn't willing to risk it, you got denied.

Hope you can sleep well now buddy. :)

9. Unquenchable

Unquenchable New Member

At that young age its probably just some whimsy or something, but recently I've done this and had this done to me. I told one girl who became more than a friend that we couldn't develop the relationship any further because she was just too good for me, and that I didn't want to ruin a good thing. I was going through a rough time in my life and she was probably the best looking most intelligent woman that has ever been interested in me. I honestly knew that getting involved with her seriously would be terrible as the shit that I was going through had completely destroyed my previous relationship. She was graduating college a full two years ahead of me (yet was still younger than me) so that played a part in it too. Still she was crushed. She was willing to accept the scorn of her family to be with me as she is Persian Jew (in that culture you kind of become an outcast if you don't stick to your own people) and I am just your typical whitebread. I can definitely understand her being pissed considering she was willing to make that kind of sacrifice. We ended up having a huge fight, making a scene at a friend's party and never speaking to each other again. In hindsight its really sad and I wish I had been in a better place at the time, maybe I'd still be with a beautiful girl that is about a year out from graduating UCLA law school.

10. MikeDog

MikeDog New Member

I agree with Liquid she saw you in the friend zone or more of a long-term relationship but she doesn't want to settle down yet.