Regrets and confessing sins.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jayce, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Jayce

Gold Member

This thread is not a bitchfest. Use a clear and open mind to understand what I'm asking.

I was just thinking today, I was thinking about the philosphy of "Love all, live hard, regret nothing." But then I started thinking... would "regretting nothing" fall under the same lines of not confessing sins? Is it possible I can feel bad for something, and want to ask for forgiveness, yet I still truly don't regret it for the sake of accepting it as a lesson learned?

2. SexyScorp

Gold Member

Can you give an example......so it would be a little clearer?

3. Jayce

Gold Member

Not really. I'm not talking like murder or anything. I'm just talking about typical things I guess.

In short, if you live by the theory "regret nothing" yet you are religious, when your day comes to meet God, which is where you'd typically unload on him and say father I have sinned for this this this and this, yet all life long you've been a "regret nothing" fanatic..............

See where I'm going now?

4. SexyScorp

Gold Member

Are you a catholic......would you like to take confession with me...:)

Okay.....i see what you mean....duplicity.....

I am very into faith and spirituality but NOT religion....

So i would say....each and everyone is their own God arent they.....

You have to create your own moral code so to speak....

I would say whatever you wish to do......be HONEST about it...dont lie or wish bad on anyone....

Must add though i feel its more harmful to the soul to repress something you really need than go out and get it...for example a man or woman that needs a full sex life, sacrificing it cos the one they choose to marry doesnt. I think that is bullshit. I dont say go out and feck the first one you meet.....but be honest about it and come to some answer or arrangement first...

Passion and immorality for example get dumped together....but they are not are they....passion needs to be fed...it can be done with GOOD INTENT!!!

its the way you do it...your approach....

If you really burn to do something and your INTENT is good....then how can your God or whatever you believe in judge you....

Anyway lad I am going to hell so what the feck........ (joking)

5. Rupture

Rupture New Member

Very interesting question...I think many of us experience it...perhaps an inability to walk our own morale line or perhaps we just practice convenient moralism.

6. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

Not being religous myself but having a deacon as a father....

I dont belive in confessing sins i may have done....i dont belive in confession at all....as the priests themsleves will have sinned....I dont belive in god either...but if one did exsist i dont think you would have to say anything as he/she would alredy know more about you, than you probably would.

7. Elvis

Elvis Member

Nice post Kronnie, I couldn't have put it better!

Just to add that being true to yourself and doing what you think is best for everyone is important IMO.
    Shame that people like Hitler and a few others didn't bother.

8. Jayce

Gold Member

That's true. Granted everyone believes what they believe, but overall I am more Christian than anything else. I without a doubt believe God exists and the entire thing, but I also have my own beliefs as well. I associate sex with love more than sex with marriage. With love, comes marriage. But I also think that with love, sex comes along too. I don't condemn those who choose to wait, it's simply my belief. Unlike some religions in the middle east, I have no desire to hold a knife to someone and say "submit to *insert religion here* or die."

Anyway, going back towards the topic, I just talked to a buddy of mine who's a very in depth thinker and a very spiritual person, great writer, etc, so he's excellent at making sense and putting words together. He told me that if you regret something, you take away part of what makes you who you are. He explained to me that it's possible for people to sin, learn from their mistakes, and never once regret anything.

I learned a lot in our short conversation.

9. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

If you speak to people that are very much into their faith no matter which it maybe, youll find a lot of things that make sense from those pople , it doesnt mean they are corrrect it just means it makes sense to you.

10. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

Is it possible I can feel bad for something, and want to ask for forgiveness, yet I still truly don't regret it....

Heck yes. I broke off a serious relationship with an ex. She was a great person and I loved her dearly; I just didn't love her enough to spend my life with her. I'm sorry I caused her pain, but I don't regret breaking up with her because I'd have not been happy. That was 8 years ago and she's still wondering what she did wrong. She did nothing wrong.

Is that what you mean, Jayce?