Recycling Christmas Cards?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Puss_in_boots, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I must admit this is something I've never thought about doing. A friend of mine from another forum posted this:

And this was my response:

2. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

LMAO
    You'd have to get a stamp that says, "This card was recycled to save a tree" or some such phrase. We wouldn't want anyone to think we're THAT cheap!

I'm the world's worst when it comes to sending cards. I bought a funny one about this time last year to send my brother -- because it reminded me of him. It's still setting on my desk. But just recently its twin arrived. My brother sent me the same card -- said it reminded him of me!

3. Bluesy

Gold Member

:uhh: :ugh :lol If it's the thought that counts, the thought is, I'm too cheap to spring for a box of X-mas cards. Yeeeeaaaaah, I think I'll pass on this trend. It may be well-intentioned, but still... (Tell her to at least use white-out!)

Cool story, Joe! You and your brother must think an awful lot alike :)

4. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

The poster replied that everyone was looking at him in horror, and that he told his boss he was recycling Christmas cards because he wasn't being paid enough. "$4.00 for a new box of cards is too damn much!" This guy is notoriously cheap. My own sentiments on the matter are that, yes, it probably does require a huge amount of trees to make all the paper for all the Christmas cards that we send every year. If you're truly concerned about the environment then you can always send e-cards.

But for cryin' out loud, it's Christmas! Pry open that wallet of yours and spend a little money on new Christmas cards for your family and friends. It really is the very least you can do.