Random Thoughts...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by HotForHoney, Jan 6, 2014.

1. DayPlay3

Gold Member

I believe it's more about Bots and competing business interests like Cam - entrepreneurs, than what plumbing the member has.

I guess I'm out for vetification for now, as I don't know anyone with a panoramic lens that can stand back 1/4 mile (.40km) to take a crotch shot with my name and SF written accross my Godlilla sized cock.
    That and I don't have 5 gal of paint to write the enormous letters.

>>>> lots of :p:p:p:p:p to confirm the last comment sarcastic, yet :D funny and not dramatic.;)

2. sensless

sensless Well-Known Member

English is my fourth language, in the process of being upgraded to third.:oops:

I wasn't talking about your post in particular. As I recall, like myself you were always against the idea of having moderators.

Just to make it clear, what I don't understand is the whole problem with the verification requirements. Since nobody is being kicked out of SF for not being verified, what changed? The verification was already there, just dormant. Of course mods would revive it. And why not?

It'd be different if they were kicking out non-verified members. It's not the case.

Since most fake-gender are men posing as women, one can be forgiven for thinking some degree of nudity is necessary to make sure the gender on the picture is what the member claims to be.

Another thing people forget is that this site belongs to somebody. It isn't being kept with your tax money. It isn't a democracy. They have the right to make their rules. None of us is forced to be here.

Having said all that, I was shocked when I've read one needed to show flesh for verification. But I go to swinger's clubs and beaches where clothes aren't tolerated. I'm used to respecting (un)dressing codes.:oops:

Sweetlysad likes this.
  3. sensless

OMFG! Now I NEED to see it!

DayPlay3 likes this.
  4. DayPlay3

Gold Member

@sensless when you quote someone...that means you ARE refering to them in particular.

That is the point of the quote.

If one is only refering to a single point of a post. A segmented guote ".....(verbage)...." will make the reply specific and more clear.

I evny your ability to speak multi laungages...the best I can do is order beer and find the restroom in 2 other than English.
    :D

#13524 DayPlay3, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  5. DayPlay3

Gold Member

"OMG! Now I NEED to see it"

@sensless

Go to a widow look toward Chicago.

I'm downtown at work.

That's me blocking your view of the Sears Tower, those are my balls in Soldier field.

:eek::eek::p:D

#13525 DayPlay3, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    MariaMaria and sensless like this.
  6. Ryan4chat

Gold Member

I was going to quote a bunch of comments, but then that seemed to convolute the subject where there were so many with their point of view on this.

First , I understand an mostly agree with those who want to be verified, especially where it was on hold for so long.
    I agree with some others that it’s not fair where the rules force only the guys to show nudity. It’s not that I think the ladies should be forced also ( which I respect they shouldn’t) , just there’s enough other details they could ask for to prove verification than being forced to flash an expose all your goodies or assets.

As some say, it’s just a choice an no one’s being forced to get verified. True , do it if you want, ignore the option if you don’t. But without even mentioning that there will be “verified only” threads separating users, there is already quite a bit of controversy an split opinions. Generally change isn’t always accepted well, but it goes a lot smoother when the rules an requirements seem fair to all.

I have in the past posted a few pics that are beyond risqué, so that’s not my problem. But I have since been more conservative on showing excessive nudity unless i knew it wanted, otherwise I go with the premise that showing less is better or it’s not wanted.

There really isn’t a thread yet , on this? Everyone’s entitled to their opinion, for, against or maybe don’t care ... an that’s my 2 cents... :rolleyes:

7. fairlthick

Gold Member

Very well articulated @Ryan4chat and very much paralleling my thoughts. I for one can say, I find no need at least at the present moment to be "verified" and yet applaud those who do. After my first couple of years here, I have found that it's better for me to just enjoy the photos and threads and friendships here and keep my clothes at least 90% left on. :D:p. It is true that the unspoken words ALWAYS SPEAK LOUDEST. :):).

Ryan4chat likes this.
  8. BeBop

Gold Member

Segregation doesn't aid or build a community.

There needs to be consistency in expectations/requirements for all members.

Content/interaction (or the potential for content/interaction) shouldn't be locked away by arbitrary requirements that not all are willing/able to fulfill.

If this is about control, then increase the number of enforcers; not the number of rules/regulations to be monitored and enforced.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a friend in my bed who needs my attention. ;)

9. DayPlay3

Gold Member

TO CLARIFY:

I am all for Rob having admin. help to facilatate site funtion issues and user issues.

Of course in any group of humans, occasionaly one might not need to be here due to obvious and onging termoil.

I was stalked around here a few times myself :eek::D however, I felt I was perfectly able to "wipe my own butt" 'cuse I' m big boy.

But, I concede that more sensitive veiwers may need aide to feel comfortable here.

What I am opposed to are MODs like this:

Sadly, across the interwebs for each good MOD there seems to be a dozen power drunks MODs.

It is a sincere concern, ours will prove to be a Good MOD.

:D

HELL someone needed to say it.
    :p

Dog_E_Ryder likes this.
  10. Dog_E_Ryder

Gold Member

My theory and opinion the reason for the verified private section is the ground plans in the making, for a premium members and there will be more premium member sections in the future, This is very common on most of these type sites. I don't blame the owners the site has to generate money in order to survive. Revenue from advertising is determined by traffic and with the numerous sites on the net and growing each day, ad revenue pricing shrinks each day. There will always be a free section to drive the site, so I don't think there's any concern for the people to feeling of being forced off it. However, with that said, the rule of full nudity requirement for verification is kind of confusing. IMO there are better ways to verify. There are a lot of people that will be discouraged to verify for this reason and for various reasons. One being, once your nude pics are out there, there out there forever. There is not a firewall or anti copy software in existence to save you. Then there are those who love being on the site , but are very selective of who sees what.

I think everybody can agree a verify program is cool, and is nice to separate the fake profiles, but the current rules are not acceptable to a lot of members, or make them uncomfortable with it. So a lot will refuse to verify for that reason. That would otherwise participate. I myself don't post full nudity to the general membership here. Only a select few have seen Rodzilla on these forums. :D ;) o_O lol

Now far as mods? I have always not been a fan of that, now that's just me of course I have no problem crawling into a octagon if someone wants to go around. :D With that said though this place polices itself rather well. After all our last political battle all of us have done very well like family usual does and come to conclusion to accept there are certain things to just leave alone and let it be.

Now far as a mod for spam control and editing or if the owner decides a member needs to be terminated due to continuous sabotaging and thats cool. The problem with most sites the mods become a grade school power trip for someone. Nothing against you Bendy I dont know you, hoping you are like I said, a editor and spam control mod, I was just stating observance from other forums I have been on.
    Well voicing my thoughts.:D

DayPlay3 likes this.
  11. DayPlay3

Gold Member

Dog_E_Ryder likes this.
  12. Ryan4chat

Gold Member

:)
    Ty @fairlthick for the compliment! :D I agree with your added sentiments. I’m glad what I wrote came across about how I meant it. Perception is funny fickle thing :rolleyes:

I have just over a year here an have really enjoyed the comforting atmosphere an have definitely made a friend an hopefully get to know a few more. I don’t judge cuz I seen enough things in my life so far, everyone’s allowed their say or opinion as long as their not being mean or rude. That’s when it’s gone to far, an people just get offended, hurt, or worse... leave. :eek:

Cheers n happy Friday!
    :D:)

fairlthick likes this.
  13. fairlthick

Gold Member

Again, very well said and hope you have a great day and weekend as well. ;):)

Ryan4chat likes this.
  14. Mr_E

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    And now I'm even more impressed. I was born here in the US, and your English is better than mine. Of course English is my third language. I speak hillbilly; west coast Spanglish ; and then english. Lol:rolleyes::D:D

15. DayPlay3

Gold Member

I just ran that in Google Translate and all it said was WTF???

:p

BTW - I am actually rather good at translating Souhernesse in to Yankee. ;)

fairlthick and Mr_E like this.
  16. Ryan4chat

Gold Member

Ok.... now I know what made me laugh today!!! Thanks, I needed that!!

EF6C6C58-B857-4D76-A7CE-4ED8C194D222.gif

Cheers!!!

fairlthick and Mr_E like this.
  17. Mr_E

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    That's how most people look at me when I speak.(WTF)lol. As far as translation, at work, I once had to translate English-English. A driver came in from Louisiana and these west coast boys couldn't understand a word he was saying. They knew I was from the south so they called me over. It was a three way conversation all in the same language. Funniest thing I've ever seen. Lmao

fairlthick and DayPlay3 like this.
  18. DayPlay3

Gold Member

@Mr_E

I've been there. At a working dog competetion out side of Batton Rouge talking with a friend from Mississippi and another from Penn. and filling in the blank stares for each them.

A very coon-ass cajun woman came up and joined us. She walked away and the man from Mississippi looked at us and said..."even don't know what that hell she just said"

BTW - I can slip into and out of Chicago South Side if I'm not carefull.

19. sensless

I'm attacking hillbilly next. I'm counting on you to teach me!

Mr_E likes this.
  20. Mr_E

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    Don't do that! I never could understand you Damn Yankees.lol:D

DayPlay3 likes this.