Random thoughts on sex drive

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Barbwire, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Barbwire

Gold Member

I just read a post by a member that said even if he has sex twice ad day, he still feels the need to masturbate 2-3 times in addition to that.

It got me to thinking...

I wonder if sometimes people only think they are horny. Yeah, that sounds silly to but let me explain..

I have a problem with overeating and very often, I don't eat because I am truly hungry. I eat because I'm stressed, sad, lonely, frustrated, you name it. Food comforts me and takes my mind off of things that are bothering me.

There are times when my stomach growls even though I have eaten, as if I am a bottomless pit.

This makes me wonder if some people may use sex in the same way and that they aren't nearly as horny as they think, they are just looking for something to comfort them or take away boredom.

2. LPjammin

LPjammin New Member

Anyone who has sex a couple times a day and just HAS to jerk off on top of that needs to move out of the basement and get a job. I can't think of a faster way to ruin sex than have too much of it and umpteen times a day is too much. I mean, how much fun is it to eat filet mignon, every day, morning, noon and night? I think there's probably a bunch of people out there who have no idea what good, satisfying sex feels like, so, they pursue quantity for the lack of quality.

I think you got it nailed, CL. I good girl friend, friend, not girlfriend, of mine once said to me when I said to her "I'm horny and I want to fuck more often!"...said she "What's wrong with being a little hungry? Makes it that much better when you eat, don't it?"

3. rugbylad82

rugbylad82 New Member

i was the person who posted that thread, and what i said was true, however i can also understand what you are saying here. However, there are several points of view to the opposite that maybe you should consider.

a) food analogy - some people do NEED to eat more than others, fact its all about replacing the energy you use, some people use energy a lot faster than others, others just have an extremely fast metabolism and break down this energy very quickly could you not apply the same argumnet to the endorphines released in sex, maybe some people need higher concentrations of these in their bodies than others, or maybe some peoples bodies get rid of them faster and they need to replace them more often.

b) as a young guy most blokes i new needed a release many times a day and some a lot more than me, for me it hasnt gone down as much as some, i assume it will eventually but i cant say it has yet, is that a bad thing or mean there is something wrong with me, that is a little harsh isnt it. Thats like saying to someone who (and im sorry to use the food analogy again but you brought it up and it is a good one) ate a lot when they were younger and still does 10 years later they have an eating disorder, thats just not true.

and finally

c) just because you do it a lot doesnt mean its not any good, a lot of stuff i do in life i do regularly i still love it, i have played rugby 3 times a week since i was six and i never want to give up so i think that argument is flawed. And to be honest in my opinion the more you do it the better you get just like everything practice makes perfect.

And as for getting a job i am more than offended by that, i have a very good job thankyou very much!!!

4. Dreama

Gold Member

I'm sure that people do do this. I think I'm guilty of this sometimes, I think. When I'm feeling lonely, or in need of attention (emotionally) I sometimes pursue sex as a means of helping this, even if a little cuddling or a few kisses would suffice. I used to do it a lot more, and my husband (then boyfriend) brought it to my attention. He said he was happy to give me attention, but it wouldn't always be sexual attention, which is fine. Sometimes, that's much more satisfying. I'm pretty good about identifying when I'm fooling myself, but I've been guilty of it.

5. LPjammin

LPjammin New Member

There is a world of difference between 'need' and 'want'.

When I was a kid I thought any time I could get a girl to touch my dick it was good, too.

:lol

6. LPjammin

LPjammin New Member

No, you're not. You don't even know me and I don't know you. So, you CAN'T be offended. BTW, do you live at home? :D

7. LPjammin

LPjammin New Member

I think that's awesome, playing rugby 3 times a week. That's not the same as fucking and jerking off 5-10 times a day. Remember; sex is one thing you don't have to be any good at to enjoy. However, 5-10 times a day is a lot.

8. Firecracker

Firecracker New Member

I agree that sometimes masturbation can be a release from tension. I know that sometimes when I have been stressed out it has been helpful to masturbate.

9. rugbylad82

rugbylad82 New Member

5-10 times a day is an exageration, what i said is if we sont have sex i feel the need to masturbate twice a day, i f we do i "can" masturbate 2-3 times a day not that i always do. On average i probably masturbate once to twice a day and have sex maybe an average of once a day, i do not think and will not be convinced that is a problem.

This does not mean that every day i do these amounts it is an average, sometimes more sometimes less and its not like im counting either these are just guesstimates, i could be out but i doubt its by too much.

10. LPjammin

LPjammin New Member

Get you a calender and start keeping track, damnit! We can't be giving any reasonable advice to guesstimates! That's what happened to Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac! Good God, man, we need facts!

11. rugbylad82

rugbylad82 New Member

haha genuinely laughed out loud there

12. LPjammin

LPjammin New Member

If you thought that was funny, then you are on the ball as we say over here in the colonies.

BTW: Colon? Colonies? Is that a coincidence or some sort of dry, fucked up British joke?

13. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Hmmmm, perhaps you should do a poll on how many times a day people masturbate. Sometimes I do it because I am frustrated, and use it as a release. Sometimes I am just horny, sometimes I am thinking of someone and just want to get off. It would be interesting to see the average.....

14. igor

Gold Member

I think we do a lot of things just to "escape" into another zone, so to speak. Masturbation is one of those as can be drinking, smoking, eating, etc..... I have MB'd when I have not been especially horny. Partly from boredom, partly because I know it will feel good once I get into it, whatever.

15. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

When I masturbate it's in the morning, as I usually wake up a little horny. But if I don't, and just get up and get to work, I don't suffer; I just get over it. I think my age has a lot to do with that, plus I've had some physical illness in the past that contributes to lower testosterone levels, so I'm not suggesting that nobody "needs" a release every day.

At any rate, I'd say I could get by just fine without masturbating, as long as I have sex with my wife now and then. When I do, I do it for pleasure, but I never do it unless I'm sure my wife and I won't be having sex for the next couple days.

When I was living alone I usually jerked off every night just to help me fall asleep. (It works!)