Questions about webcam shows

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by ALittleMoreSonic, May 1, 2011.

1. ALittleMoreSonic

ALittleMoreSonic New Member

I've been considering applying at a few cam sites lately to give my (non-existent) income a boost. Before I send in any applications though I'd like to get some opinions.
    I've been checking out a few free cam sites to get an idea of what's expected, but any advice or opinions would be awesome as there is a huge variety among performers.
    At the moment I'm really wanting to know what you all deem as 'expected' or desired in a cam show. How much nudity to start out with, should i shave, etc.
    I would be doing this more for the money than for fun, so it'll be less about what I want to do and more about what will get me more views/private shows.

Thanks for any help!
    ~Your friendly neighborhood Whovian

2. gyfo

gyfo New Member

Honestly I have never been on one of those sites. Don't even know what its all about.

3. Gearhead

Gold Member

i say find a free cam site and just watch one of the more popular people there and see how they run it that would give you a good starting point...unless that is you wanna let me watch and ill give you tips :p lol

4. Kermit

Gold Member

I used to have a friend who worke dfor a Cam Site (no she didn't give me any discounts nor did i ask lol), a thing to remember is that, it is kinda like prostitution, the site takes a cut of your money (or only let you keep some), and you need to think how it'll affect your mental health too. Unless i guess you plan on operating your own site and having them dump it into your paypal. Maybe i'm over thinking it but better to over think than underthink. But you are essentially a legal hooker when you are a cam girl. You can't pick and choose your clients. So you have to put up with every depraved thing they say or want you to do. Not to say sex is depravity, but there are some weirdos out there. The site might outline what's expected which will probably include anal. I'm sure they'll ask you to shave unless it's a specific unshaved channel.

Depends, if i were into that sorta thing, i might wanna get to know teh girl who is the cam girl so she's not just a random cam robot but rather a person with feelings. Course you are paying by the minute no doubt lol. But that's just me the site will explain waht's expected.

But what do i kow i'm just a fucking muppet

#4 Kermit, May 1, 2011
    Last edited: May 1, 2011
  5. ALittleMoreSonic

I fully understand that what people decide to watch isn't up to me, and that most will likely be quite uncouth. This doesn't really bother me. I'm a pretty chill person in all regards and nothing much can fluster me these days. I'm also an oldfag on 4chan, and I'm sure nothing posted on a cam site would be worse than the things a /b/tard can ask for. They tend to take it to the edge and then make a flying leap off without hesitation.

I'm getting off-topic though. Thank you for the advice, I suppose I will just browse cam sites more. There really is a large range between what the popular performers do though (at least on the free sites). Some will just sit and chat with their shirt off and others will be masturbating quite profusely. You can see why I'm wanting opinions, yes?

6. docpete

docpete New Member

If you need someone to watch you and to try it out let me know. I will give you adequate advice if you want.

7. ALittleMoreSonic

I might take you up on that. I have a handful of friends that will be getting practice shows, but an unbiased opinion might be good.

8. docpete

docpete New Member

Sounds good let me know.

9. Kermit

Gold Member

*hugs* whatever you decide i wish you the best :)

10. ALittleMoreSonic

Thanks much! ^-^

11. HardRocker

Gold Member

Keep in mind any future possible employers may find out when they run their background check with your application. Something like that could keep you out of some of the best job opportunities.
    Just seems like a good thing to consider.