Question(s) from the inexperienced

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Nuggets, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Nuggets

Nuggets New Member

Hi everyone,

This is rather embarassing, but I came across this forum community in search of some answers, help, advice, etc.

I am rather new to the whole having sex thing. Recently I became involved with a woman, and we have had sex a couple of times or so. Just a few days ago when we were having sex and using a condom, I ejaculated, and then I continued the sex for about another 10-15 seconds before I "pulled out," because I wanted to try to make her have an orgasm. Is this bad? I'm kind of thinking that it was an "unsafe" call on my part. But, then again, I don't feel like any semen would have escaped from the condom. Though condoms can be unreliable, and yeah. So I am on the fence.

I am really worried and such. I am falling in love with this woman and it's an incredible feeling. I don't want her to become pregnant because of me being naive.

But I don't want anyone to BS me on this subject just to make me feel less worried. I'm hoping to get some honest advice here, in case I have created a bad situation that needs to be assessed. It would be nice to hear that I don't have to worry about this, because it is killing me.

Please help me. I've checked out some other threads here in this community and it seems as though there are a lot of people here who know what they're talking about and can offer some reasonable advice.

- Nugs :-(

#1 Nuggets, Mar 26, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  2. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Ten or fifteen seconds probably won't make much of a difference, but then again I'm no expert in the practical use of condoms. Perhaps one of the guys knows better.

One thing to keep in mind about condoms is that they have a pretty high failure rate. Even with perfect use, the failure rate is about 6%. With normal use it's about 15%, which is disturbingly high. If you and this girl are seriously committed to one another and are worried about pregnancy, I'd suggest looking into some more reliable birth control, such as the birth control pill. That has a failure rate of about 0.1%...not bad huh? Of course nothing's 100% reliable. There is always the possibility of pregnancy whenever there is contact between the genitals of a fertile man and a fertile woman, whether you use protection or not.

Thanks for joining, by the way!

3. Elvis

Elvis Member

Hiya Nuggets, it shouldn't be a problem, after all that's what condoms are for.

As Puss suggested, if you expect this relationship to continue, the Pill is the best alternative and bareback is much more enjoyable for us abominable males!

4. heelfetish

Gold Member

Just so long as you remember that the Pill does not protect against STDs.

5. Elvis

Elvis Member

Thanks for adding that Heel, with AIDS around and so well advertised, I would hope that everyone is aware of disease.

6. MikeDog

MikeDog New Member

10 or 15 seconds is no problem. Your dick is still hard and everything contained in the end of the condom.

7. SexyScorp

Gold Member

Well spoken Heel!!!

I had a friend who died of AIDS....he was 26...

Lovely young fella he was....I was mad about him....

Too many boyfriends....too much unprotected sex...

What a waste....

:(

8. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

Making sure that you leave room/space at the tip of the condom to contain the ejaculate, there should be no reason for you to worry about leakage. If every man stopped moving and pulled out as soon as he came in order to remove the condom, I'm afraid the female population would be PISSED. It makes you a good lover and a caring man to have been concerned about her pleasure as well. Good man.

9. igor

Gold Member

Well, I'll take issue with those statistics. You have to take into account on how they arrived at those figures, and who did it.

Most of the sites I looked at said the failure rate of condoms was 2 to 3 percent WHEN USED PROPERLY. I used them for years and never had a breakage, tear, or unwanted pregnancy.

10. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I got the statistics from this website and you're right, the failure rate for condoms (prefect use) is three percent and not six percent as I originally thought. Still that's pretty high when compared the failure rate of the pill, which is between 0.1 and 0.5 percent.

One thing I found interesting from looking at the table is that even female sterilization can have a higher failure rate than the birth control pill.

Looks like the method with the lowest failure rate is Norplant (that thing that goes in the arm).

11. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

Condom/femidom and the pill will be best.

The thing is one male using a condom most of his life , doesnt make up for millions of guys using the condom, one male may never ever have any problems with it his whole life, another may have many problems with it.

the only truley 100% safe way to have sex, is not to have sex

But thats just not on hehe :p

12. burton

burton New Member

yeah its not a problem, i usually will carry on a few seconds past and then maybe it'll hang out in there for another minute as we recover.. just make sure you hold on to it when you pull out.. when i first started having sex i left it in when i lost my erection and i slipped out of it. the semen will act as a lubrication for you to slide out of it while her vagina is holding it in..

see if she'll go on the pill if you guys continue to do it.. my girlfriend is and we now start off without a condom but always finnish with one to be safe..