question for video gamers...

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by tina, Nov 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tina

tina New Member

Ok, I don't know how relevant this is going to be since it is a sex forum so I would think that no one here has this problem but here goes anyway since I couldn't give her any advice...

a girlfriend of mine has been dating the same guy for almost a year now... and they have sex - on occasion - but most of the time they are together they don't... she has some self image issues cause she's a little overweight and his ex was really trim and skinny so she is starting to think it's her and not him (I think she looks fine)... the thing is that her dude plays video game incessantly and shows no interest in trying to bone his ready and willing girlfriend - the poor thing is frustrated to bits...

so i guess my question is - are there any guys on this board that play video games till your fingers blister and your hands cramp up and not pay attention to the lovely, horny girl in the other room and WHY?? and ladies, has anyone experienced this problem before and what was the outcome???

now when I asked her if she's talked to him about it she said that he gives her some b/s about it's not the quantity but the quality - huh - what gives I thought most guys had a one track mind - she's tried sexy panties - i told her to try some sexy shoes (hey you never know maybe he's a foot freak like mine and she just needed to bring him out) etc but nothing...

is he not into her or just so into his games that he doesn't realize it... i think he cares for her alot and they seem happy when they're together but she says that behind closed doors she just wants more and she loves him but is worried that the sex (or lack of) is getting the best of her - any advice i'm lost on this one...

2. fantasien

fantasien New Member

No gamers here my friend. For me anyway. Sounds like some loser!

3. Paisano

Paisano New Member

I"game" almost religiously.
    AI certainly never neglect the wife, though. She wants it, she gets it. She has but to snap her fingers.

A few times she has put on a pair of thigh highs, and little else, and come back into the computer room.
    "Can I get you to put that mouse down for a second..."
    Turn - look -
    "What mouse???"

:D

4. mysticgenie

mysticgenie New Member

My hubby did this to me a couple of times. I finally worked up the nerve to tell him that I felt like the video game was more important that I was. That seemed to do the trick. Now, mind you, I can't pull him away everytime, but I have a lot better luck now than I did before.

5. Maggie_05

Maggie_05 New Member

Guy sounds like a dick. I have friends who could be classified as "gamers" but its more of a hobby, not something that runs their lives in that way. They have had relationships with their girlfriends even long than some married couples I know. I think its just him and not her.

6. dabody

dabody New Member

I gotta agree. the guy sounds like a dickhead to me too. Don't get me wrong, I don't think there's anything wrong with playing computer games, but given the choice of a computer game and a female, I know which one I'd choose everytime.

7. KoenigNazgul

KoenigNazgul New Member

I work at a video game store, and have done so for the last three years. In my last significant relationship, my g/f and I would take turns playing. The one not playing a game would massage the player or comb/play with their hair. We both liked it a lot, and I thought it was a wonderful way to play games and share time together.

As others before me have said, it sounds like the gentleman in question has some B I G priority issues. Video games give a false sense of rewards, whereas a meaningful, loving relationship offers true rewards. In my opinion your girlfriend should just dump him. He seems worthless. Remember, I myself am a gamer, and I would much rather be hanging out with an awesome girl than talking impersonally online about how I need to get my level up.

8. johnnyBuz

johnnyBuz New Member

i think in most "normal guy's" circumstances, boning would take preference over gaming, but that is just me..

seems kind of weird to have a gf ready for it and he would rather just play a videogame.

9. kbate

kbate New Member

I wouldn't date any man who played video games incessantly. Period. If the Nintendo gets more use than my body then the nintendo (and him) would go out the door.

I wonder if your friend has "lara croft" sydnrome, the immature hope that a NNFW (nearly naked fantasy woman) will someday fall into his lap if he achieves gaming excellence.

either way... Lose the Nintendo or Lose me...

10. -G-

-G- New Member

I doubt the gaming has anything to do with it. i am a gamer but I am all about the sex. The problem I run into is that my gf doesnt have a high sex drive like I do. There are men also that have a low sex drive, but women are really bad about blaming the things the guy does the most for this lack of sex. We guys just bitch that we aren't getting enough. My gf pulled that "its quality not quantity" crap also. Here is what I did and it did help a little bit. Tell her to get a dildo (or maybe she already has one). Now this is going to take some will power on her part. When ever she is in the mood, she needs to take care of it herself. The key is to work it out so that he knows that she is doing it (if they have kids this might be hard to do). At first he may not care, but after a while he is going to start feeling replaced and unneeded. He will start making an effort because the last thing we guys want to feel is that our women are getting of at the hands of someone or something else without us. It might even turn him on and get him in the mood to know she is masterbating. Just my 2 cents...

11. DarkHamlet

DarkHamlet New Member

well in my situation, i'm a gamer. but my wife has pushed me into that seens she doesn't pay attention like when we first met. i find sex reliefe also surfing the net for Exhibitionist ladies that show off.
    but thats my case.

12. bigone

bigone New Member

Leave the house the minute the Xbox is turned on and go to a local bar get picked up and have fun.

13. SlimDuce

SlimDuce New Member

I've been a gamer all my life, trust me the games dont have anything to do with it.

14. ZeN

ZeN New Member

Personally..me and my Boo enjoy playing games together..or she watches me play and cheers me on while topless..it's very nice indeed. =P If you could get into what he likes and try to make it sexy..it could help..dunno.

15. blade

blade New Member

my ex-bf always use to play games even when we were on da phone all i get is "uh-huh"...and "yeeeaahh"...but when i came over the TV was off and the remote control packed away....If some guy is literally glued to the television while she's standing next to him...obviously he has a problem and she needs to put him on check (reality check).

16. kreaded

kreaded New Member

I tend to play games quite a bit but it can always be paused. Granted if I had to stop everytime that my GF wanted some I would not be considered to be a gamer. In my opinion there is something that this guy has a problem with and is not talking to her about it.

17. tina

tina New Member

Hi everyone - thanks for the advice...

She did find out through a mutual friend that his ex gf had the same issue and that is why she bailed out of the relationship... unfortunately (for her cause she put so much into the relationship) she is ready to bail out as well... oh well, maybe she'll find someone that is more compatible for her or maybe when she does bail out he might realized his mistake (again) and maybe do something about it although I really think it's too late...

my hubby has more or less a similar problem with socom so we came to the arrangement that on the weekend when the my kids are home and not with their dad it's game time and i won't really complain to much - but on the weekend when the kids are gone HE IS ALL MINE - although he sneaks some play time in the early hours of the am right before bed (3am, 4am, etc) - i also play video games when i have time and he felt the sting of being ignored when i was totally engrossed in paper mario - but my friend couldn't work it out with her guy so it's splitsville for them... :(

18. blueidbab

blueidbab New Member

OMG...sounds like u know me

That is so scary because I have that very problem. And I feel the same way your friend does. I dont think he's a dick and he played games more before I met him. Its his thing. Tell her to SPEAK UP. I do when im bugged about the game playin and he respects my feelings about it. I wish her luck.

19. Ladysierra

Ladysierra New Member

Well yesterday I flashed my BF and didn't even get a second glance while he was playing a game LMAO. But he more than made up for it later!

Yes, sometimes I feel neglected between his time at work and on the pc and paying the video game, but I also know that if I complain about it or even bring it up he'll stop for me. That's nice to know.

20. Septa Scarabae

Septa Scarabae New Member

I play video games and have sex nightly. It's a great combo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.