Question for Christians: Do you think Jesus & Mary Magdalene had sex?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by JuicyB, Nov 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JuicyB

JuicyB New Member

Personally I think they did. At least hand jobs. Why not?

2. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Why?

3. JuicyB

JuicyB New Member

Because it's part of love! And that's what God and Jesus are all about! The thrill of a sexual orgasm is a genuine touch of Heaven, and a sample of how extremely good things God makes can be!

4. martin9p2

martin9p2 Member

Do you think I had sex with Sally Jones in 1992? Will it be any easier to find out what Jesus did in 0021?

5. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

This sounds like a question for ...Her Hubby :bow

6. Rose

Gold Member

A person can have sex and never have love. A person can have an orgasm and never have love. Since the Bible and historical chronicles of that time make no mention of Jesus having sexual relationships, it's probably meaningless to discuss.

Personally, I believe an orgasm is God's 'kindness & mercy" toward us. We've been 'commanded' to pro-create. Could you imagine wanting to stick this thick, hairy pisser into some slimy, hairy pee-er --- if it didn't come with some very good incentives? Rather than 'bringing Jesus down to our level' of needing personal, earthly pleasure, perhaps we should just be really REALLY thankful ;)

You are right, tho - an orgasm is an incredible thrill; "other-worldly" for sure! It seems to transcend into a spiritual realm that we cannot attain by any other means.

7. Thorn

Gold Member

I'm sure we will hear from him (HH) soon on this question. LOL I do not think He had sex with her. The Bible says Jesus went through temptations, just like all other humans, yet "without sinning." That's why He was the "perfact sacrifice" for our sins when He died on the cross.

8. JuicyB

JuicyB New Member

Rose,

Anything that can be done by a human being, giving to the poor, helping those in need, etc. can be done WITHOUT love, or WITH love! Obvious! Also the Bible itself says if everything Jesus ever did were chronicled, the whole word wouldn't be able to hold all the books! And it's also obvious a hell of a lot of sex happens with no love at all!

Still I feel sex helps love to happen! I also feel that sex tends to help people to be humble, and generally nicer to each other. I know there are abundant cases of the opposite, rape, child abuse etc. but I feel it's mostly a + to human behavior.

Ask yourself, "How would sex be if you had an attitude of perfect love!" Would you just not do it at all? Doesn't sex greatly encourage you? Wouldn't there be a space to give physical encourgagment a poor prostitute who could never ever marry, given the norms of the era, like M. Magadalene?

Rather than "pulling Jesus down to our level" I sometimes feel, while making love, in a context of real love, I'm aspiring to rise, even just a little, towards HIS level!

Frankly I'm dismayed when Christians tend to assume that sex represents the baser part of people. I just don't feel that way!

9. Rose

Gold Member

Point well taken, Juicy. :tup
    Not the "Baser" part of people, by any means. But certainly a "Baser" part of Godliness.

I suppose that I would just add that, in my extremely humble opinion....
    nothing in this world (sex included) can compare---or even come close---to anything near the heavenly realm. 1/10000th of a glimmer...perhaps.
    *kinda' makes ya' want to see/experience the whole thing, huh? ;) *
    ---------------------------------
    But as you see, we can only give opinions - and share feelings - as there is nothing on this earth to compare to the glory we recieve through Christ Jesus, our Lord. (I think that's in the Bible somewhere ;) )

10. JuicyB

JuicyB New Member

You're right Rose. "Eye hasn't seen, nor as ear heard ...! But His Spirit has revealed to us ..." And when do we feel His Spirit? Lots of times! But there is one special time I have in mind!

11. Rose

Gold Member

Well, then. There ya' go! ;)

And life is full of very special, wonderful times. Kind of makes you glad that you know there is something wonderful waiting on the "other side". :brow

12. HerHubby

HerHubby The SF Poet Laureate
    Gold Member

Well, I respectfully defer to the Very Rev. Dr. Thorn on this one! What I'm wondering about is ol' Martin up there and if he had sex with what's her name!!! ;)

13. Bluesy

Gold Member

For whatever it's worth, I've read that washing a guy's feet with hair that had been dipped in fragrant oil was something only wives were permitted to do in that day, in that culture. If any other woman tried it, she'd be stoned in a heartbeat. I have no opinion on the subject either way.

14. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Hm ... never heard that one Bluesy, I'd be interested in your source for that one.

Given my understanding of Christianity I would be compelled to say that if you accept all the starting points of the religion you have to come to the conclusion that they didn't. Here's my logic.

1.) The 10 commandments prohibit adultery. (The term includes premarital sex.)
    2.) Jesus states that if a man so much as looks at a woman with lust in his heart, he is guilty of adultery.
    3.) Sex is a naturally lustful act. There's no way around it.
    4.) Given that if you believe it all, Jesus was in fact god and incapable of sin, then he couldn't have lusted, ergo he couldn't have had sex with Mary Magdelene.

15. Bluesy

Gold Member

I read that ages and ages ago in an online article...I think it was an interview with the author of "Pagan Christ". (If that's even the title of the book. I can't remember.) You could probably pop it in google and find similar articles.

You make some very good points, but there are Christians who don't subscribe to a literal interpretation of the bible, and hold the Jesus was a regular old guy, a teacher with spiritually lofty ideals.

16. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Then the entire idea of salvation by faith and justification are pointless.

17. HerHubby

Gold Member

I agree with His Holiness, the Very Reverend Doctor AnonymousOne! Way to go A1! Oughta go to seminary Dude! (As IF A1 would ever consider that, ha, ha ;>)

18. HerHubby

Gold Member

Yep, there are, however, they are known as heretics by the religious denominations. And I say that gently. I am sorry that they have not come to what is regarded as being a saving faith in Christ, however, I must leave that between Jesus and them. Here and elsewhere I may share my faith with people, telling them what I believe, however, the decision to agree with me or not is entirely up to them. And, sadly, I am not the greatest witness for Christ by any means. :( May God have mercy upon me.

19. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Gently? You say it gently? Dude ... a heretic is a heretic. There's no real tip-toeing around it.

My dad is a Seminary grad, so a good bit of biblical knowledge rubbed off on some level. Then it was overpowered by philosophy and economics. :lol

20. HerHubby

Gold Member

Seriously, he's a seminary grad?! Cool! What's he do now? By the way, ever read "The Fountainhead" or "Atlas Shrugged"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.