Question Concerning Birth Control

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Misa, Feb 13, 2007.

?

Do you like chocolate?

1. Yus, good sir I very much do!

90.0%
  2. Naaahhhh.

10.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Misa

Misa New Member

I don't very much trust condoms (although its said to only have a failure rate of 2% each year and it reduces the risk of spreading STDs and such. OH and it was national condom day at my school today.)

Anyway, I don't want to use that and my boyfriend and I are 100% clean (no STDs and blah blah) so I want to go on birth control pills! Now, I have a pill swallowing phobia. Really badly. So I was wondering if anyone knew:

If I were to chop the pill into little pieces and then attempt to swallow...will it be just as effective? :ugh How safe is it really? And anything I should worry about?

The help will be appreciated.

~Poll added for fun~

2. igor

Gold Member

Properly used, condoms are as good as anything. As far as pills go, I don't know but I think they should probably be taken whole. Many pills are time-release and are not to be opened up or taken in pieces. Talk to the Dr about it.

3. heelfetish

Gold Member

I'd ask a pharmacist about it. They know more about the drugs than the doctors do.

Of course I don't take BC pills, but whenever I have to take a pill, I get a mouth full of water first, then pop in the pill, and swallow it along with the water. My wife thinks I'm nuts, but it works for me. :)

4. Misa

Misa New Member

Hm...

can anyone list the pros and cons of this?

I really don't know much. I will ask my doctor of course, but I plan to have my appointment in April so.. quite a bit of time.

5. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Seems to me that swallowing a bunch of "little pieces" would be harder than just doing the pill all at once. BC pills are rather tiny, anyway. You could ask for the 'coated' type, which is supposed to facilitate swallowing easier.

6. Babiegurl

Babiegurl New Member

Can I ask what chocolate has to do with this??? J/W

7. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

Have you considered birth control options other than the pill? Theres the DepoProva shot, the Patch, Nuva Ring... all very similar in function to the hormone pill,but none of which require swallowing. Tell you're doc at your appointment that you are interested in birth control but have a difficult time swallowing pills... with a few more questions he/she should be able to suggest the best thing for you

8. Misa

Misa New Member

It has nothing to do with it:

Thanks Rose. I thinkth I am going to have try and like... force myself to take it >_>;

I've tried in the past to force myself to take pills for when I have extremely painful cramps and just end up crying and chocking on them. Just so scared to take pills. Its a bad phobia I have. I'm also scared of the potentially negative effects BC pills may have. :ugh

9. Misa

Misa New Member

Oh, I haven't bibibaby, as I don't know what is VERY effective and has the best rates of preventing preg.

10. The Mistress

The Mistress New Member

I like the Nuva Ring personally. I hate taking pills b/c they make me gain weight, and I hate shots....
    I've been on the Ring for about 4 years now and never had any problems[/] to speak of. Just be sure to follow the directions like you would any b.c.

11. Rose

Gold Member

Oh well, like my signature implies..... "taking pills" was never much of a phobia for me. :lol

12. Misa

Misa New Member

What is the nuva ring?

13. Rose

Gold Member

google it! :)

14. Misa

Misa New Member

I fear google ;p. Cba

15. NaughtyKnickers

Gold Member

I use the Ortho Evra patch. You put a new one on once a week for three weeks, then leave it off for your 'hell week'. :)

I haven't had weight gain problems with it like some have reported with Depo Provera shots, and it's also nice to only have to think about once a week.

The only drawback is that you always have a patch on your shoulder, upper butt, or lower hip. In the Summer it can be a bit tricky to keep on with going to the beach 4 or 5 times a week, but my doctor gives me an extra one just in case mine should come loose or fall off.
    Other than that, it's fantastic. :)

16. Dreama

Gold Member

My best friend used the patch, and her doctor informed her that the benign cycts found in her cervix was there due to the horomonal effect of it. That creeps me out.

17. NaughtyKnickers

Gold Member

Wow. That's disturbing. Geez, it must have been a little unnerving for your friend. :ugh

....Although I suppose one has to realize that that when you're altering and/or adding to your body's natural hormone balance, things like that can sometimes occur, I sure don't like to think about something like that happening.:uhh:

18. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

Guess I'm not the only one that
    is wondering about that.

Hiker:sf

19. nibbs

nibbs New Member

My gf uses the "ring", we ride bareback up to 5 times a night (an 3 times in the morning). Been doing this for over half a year, and I don't pull out, so, I say it works. Now, of course I don't recommend this type of behavior, as its risky (lots of sex, only bc protection = higher than normal chance of preg while on bc). But it works for us. I can't really tell that she has the ring in her unless i'm fingering here, so it's nice, and she dosn't have to remember to take a pill everyday, just to take it out, wait a week, and put the new one in.

20. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

I have no clue about the bc pill ...

but i take piriton alot during the summer, i have always crushed it down, added a little suger to it and then chewed an eaten it down.
    But i cant say this would be ok with the dc pill, but many pills can be crushed and taken and still be effective ( at least a lot of the common ones ive taken before , as they still do the job for me anyways )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.