question about using a webcam

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by dingyding, Aug 23, 2007.

1. dingyding

dingyding New Member

i have been thinking of using my webcam. i go in chat rooms once and a while and i often see girls in there asking to see guys on cam and some even ask to see guys nude on cam. and most of these girls are 16-18. i was wondering if its illegal to to be nude on webcam infront of somoneunder 18. im not sure how the internet works with that i konw where i live 16 is legal age to have sex but can you get into trouble just showing yourself on webcam. i dont ever ask for personal info or i dont give any out just online chatting and cam stuff.

2. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Stay away from anything that is under 18. Period. End of discussion.

At :sf, we are extremely vigilant in keeping anyone under 18 from being able to access nudity on our site. If we suspect someone has lied, we will 'follow' them around for a bit, watch their posts, etc. If we have any doubt, we simply remove their membership. We'd rather err on the side of caution.

I'd encourage you to do the same.

3. Buffalo204

Buffalo204 Member

That is a slippery slope your on my friend. I think I'd stay far away from anyone I even suspected was under 18. There are plenty of people well over legal age so no reason at all to cut it close.

4. LuciousLover

LuciousLover New Member

no way would I do anything with someone under 21!

5. superfan

superfan New Member

If you ever seen to Catch a Predator than you know that just showing yourself to someone under 18 is illegal. I would just stay away from that if I were you.

6. soccerplayer

soccerplayer New Member

it is way too much of a risk if you even suspect they're under 18 the consequences are too much

7. Amateur Nudist

Amateur Nudist New Member

I cam on occasion and I stay away from anyone who looks young. If I see someone and can't be sure I call it a day and move on.

8. Silent22

Silent22 New Member

and another thing there is a beauty of a button on your keyboard called "print screen" and if ur on nude doin stuff and they do that then they have a picture to post every where on the net of you!!

and most of the time the girls are actually guys on those forums.

9. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Online dating cartoons:

[​IMG]

'Nuff said!

10. HardRocker

Gold Member

Nuff said!
    Good post Rose, that about wraps it up.

11. Maddox

Maddox New Member

If you think someone is under 18, don't even think about it. Unless you two are dating, or something.

Or you might be paying a visit to Chris Hansen...."Why don't you have a seat over there? Would you like a cookie?"

12. yorkiesmurf

yorkiesmurf New Member

Simple rule do not webcam with anyone under 18. Granted certain countries like The Netherlands and Germany have fairly liberal laws when it comes to age. However it is a very complex legal situation that you could find yourself in if you relied on someone stating that they were in a country that had liberalized laws regarding consent. Furthermore you do not know if you are exposing yourself to an under cover police officer who is making claims of being under-age in order to get you to do something stupid so that they can send the media to film you being arrested.

Best practice is to stay away from anyone claiming to be under 18, always make sure to ask age, and make sure they agree to what you are planning to do on your webcam. Otherwise you could find yourself in a heap of un-necessary trouble.