Question About Birth Control

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by wololo696, Jul 14, 2007.

1. wololo696

wololo696 New Member

Hi All,

I'm kinda of new to this and am in need of some help with a few birth control questions. My gf started on the 21 day pack of birth control and I am unsure as to how her period comes about. Will it always be during that 7 day period after she stops the pills to when she restarts the following week? Could it come during that 21 day period she is taking the pill? If she is still on her period when she is to restart taking the pill the following week will it harm her?

Thanks

2. emerlyj

emerlyj New Member

Her period should come in the week when she is not taking the pills. It can sometimes run over slighty into when she starts the next pack but that shouldn't be a problem. I did have some problems with bleeding during the packets but changing the brand of pill can stop this if it does occur.

3. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

The plan is that during the 21 days of pill-taking, she will not bleed. During the week off, she should bleed. That's the normal situation.

Many factors can cause a different cycle. Added to what Emerly said, if your g/f misses a pill or two, she could bleed, as her body is being given the signal that it's time to release the blood supply in her uterus. It doesn't mean she is having a problem. Just means she needs to be more responsible.

Of course, as with any new medication, it's important to use as directed, and inform the doctor of any unusual physical actions.

4. wololo696

wololo696 New Member

Thank you kindly for your answers.

5. LA_20

LA_20 New Member

depending on the individual it can often take a month or two for the body to settle down into the new cycle so she may spots randomly at first.