question about anal + lube

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by sexual_entity, Aug 30, 2007.

1. sexual_entity

sexual_entity New Member

lately me and my partner have been thinking about doing anal on me (her fingers and maybe (hopefully not though) and were wondering if any specific lubes/lotions that might burn if used anally. my gf has this touch massage pers. lube/body massage with a warming sensation... we used it on me anally once using her fingers and it burned a little and i was also wondering if thats the kind thats bad?

[BANANA]selling ORANGES on the freeway 50 cents ea.[/BANANA]

2. ~emm~

~emm~ New Member

KY is good, if not get the good old vasaline out.

and im not sure about the burning feelings, doesn't sound right but i have no idea about anal

3. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

I like Equate, it's very slippery and used in hospitals and proctology offices specifically for inserting things so it's 100% safe. I have that massage oil too, I don't like it for lubricant, it's not slippery enough.

4. yorkiesmurf

yorkiesmurf New Member

In theory if you are going to be inserting anything anally it should be protected, with a condom if it is a penis or something similar if it is not a penis, in order to prevent infection from occurring. If you are going to be using a cover for the finger or toy then it is best to use a water based lube since water based lubes will not normally break down plastics, latex, and other similar materials. However if you are going bareback, so to speak, then oil, silicon, or water based lubricants will work. The one thing you will have to be careful about is how long the lubrication will last. How long lubrication will last is quite important due to the fact if lubrication is not adequate it will make insertion difficult and painful for the person. Massage oil, cooking oil, and products not specifically formulated to be a lubricant do not provide adequate lubrication for anal play. From experience water based like KY-Jelly or Equate works well. Silicone lubricants such as Astroglide works well too. Though there are two minor drawbacks to silicone. One is that it leaves a greasy feeling afterwards and I found silicone lubricants create a different sensation for pleasure versus water based lubricants. Oil / petroleum based lubricants like Vaseline can work but they do need to be reapplied on a regular basis.

5. gynylon28

gynylon28 New Member

We use the KY warming lubricant. I do not try to just put my penis in. We use the three finger dilation method. One, then two and then three fingers past the second knuckle. Do this slowly and it's a nice bit or fore play. You can feel the anal muscle slowly relax and some of the time just bloom like an open flower. We use this method always and it's makes anal so much more appealing and enjoyable. We also keep a couple damp wash rags handy.:)

6. heelfetish

Gold Member

I don't like any of the warming lubes for anal, I get too much of a burning sensation. Not pleasant, IMO. I prefer Eros silicone lube for anal. The water-based lubes just don't last long enough, and I find we spend more time re-applying lube than we do enjoying the moment. Vaseline, as bad as it is, really does work well as an anal lube, so long as you aren't using latex gloves or condoms.