Quality of stainless steel sex toys

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by RenCom, Aug 21, 2014.

1. RenCom

RenCom Member

Hi, I was wondering if some of you have some information on the quality of stainless steel sex toys. I want to get a steel butt plug. However, my local stores offer them around 80 to 120$ CAN. When I check out on amazon.ca I have them at 30 $ (shipped from hong kong) and on amazon.com for 7$ (shipped from China).

This thing is going into my butt. It is not a friendly environment if you know what I mean. Are there any dangers in using a lower quality stainless steel ? Or are my local stores selling these toys at a boosted price since they are made of metal and it's trendy ? I know njoy makes great steel toys, they are also pricey.

Thanks !

ply likes this.
  2. travis beck

Gold Member

I recently purchased the Njoy large plug and love it. It is pricey, but worth it. I'm probably going to get the 2" next?

I ordered from Amazon, but I'm not sure about shipping from China. Mine was shipped domestically.

3. RenCom

RenCom Member

I found this on the net: http://dangerouslilly.com/sex-toy-reviews/sex-toy-care-and-maintenance/
    She tests sex toys as a living, so I am going to take her word on these things. It seems that when the metal isn't expensive, there is a good chance that it isn't good quality metal. I checked some reviews on amazon and it seems the toys are sometimes plastic with a metal plating. It can also be regular steel with a chrome plating, which isn't bad but if it starts to chip, then u have to change toys. As for stainless steel, it can last a lifetime.
    I checked on amazon and a seller told me his toy is made of 304 stainless steel which is fairly good quality for only 15$, shipping included... but I was still skeptic. I mean, stainless steel is usually expensive metal. So I went and bought a Nothing Butt Me anal plug for only 41$. Which was a steal (pun intended) considering it's store price is 80$. It is 100% stainless steel and assembled in canada. Which to me seems better than shipped directly from china. At least if I need to complain about the quality of the product the manufacturer is 1h from my place and speaks the same tongue as me.

ply likes this.
  4. travis beck

Gold Member

Up to you, but $40 for quality in the overall scheme of things is minimal. Just my opinion.

5. RenCom

RenCom Member

Well I had an accumulation of rebates (19% off + 25% summer sale) so it's a 68$ toy, but paid 40$. It originally costs 68$ online or 80$ at local store.