Publishing / Self-Publishing / Selling from Website

Discussion in 'Erotic Literature' started by Flame, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Flame

Flame New Member

I am looking for some advice from anyone who has published or who sells erotica. There are so many options out there, which is great, but I wonder which way is the best.

I have a fairly long novel that I would like to try and get published but some of my other stories I would like to have available directly from my website. I have seen some websites that use Amazon self-publishing or sell stories in PDF form with PayPal and I wonder if that is a good idea.

I also want to have at least one story on this site, of course! There are so many places to offer stories but some websites and publishers will only accept ones that have never been online before, so I want to make sure that I know what I am doing.

Any comments, thoughts and advice?

Thanks!

2. GreyGoose

Gold Member

Sorry I have no advise but I wish you all the best.

3. HardRocker

Gold Member

Cbrmale says he has published some books. He's in Australia, so things may be different, but maybe he can drop by and give you some advice. I self-published a novel, but that's all the experience I have. There was no sex in mine, just a 240 page comic whodunit. I had to register it with the Library of Congress.

4. Flame

Flame New Member

Thanks anyway *smiles warmly*

5. Flame

Flame New Member

That would be great; I hope he does! My stories have a lot of sex in them, and they are also on the rough side. Not necessarily always BDSM, but definitely mostly non-consensual. It's just what comes out when I start writing *smiles innocently*