Proud to annouce

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mittimer, May 15, 2011.

1. Mittimer

Gold Member

That the geek in me can finally admit that she's watched all 3 of the original Star Wars Trilogy. It only took me 22 fucking years.

I now get where all those references came from in nearly every modern day cartoon or tv show. Hell, I can go to a Star Wars convention and know what the fuck people are talking about!!

I'll also admit, the original 3 are FAR better then the newer 3. The new ones are garbage compared to these.

Yay for me. Geeks everywhere can rejoice :p

2. Kermit

Gold Member

I suppose, but i still feel sorry for you. But if you're proud, i'll stand with you :)

#2 Kermit, May 15, 2011
    Last edited: May 15, 2011
  3. Mittimer

Gold Member

Does that mean I get to feel sorry for you for every classic cult film that you've never seen? :p

4. Kermit

Gold Member

YOu can feel anything you want, but theres a difference between a Cult Film and fucking Star Wars lol. *hugs you though* you're still my favorite geek :) while i'm still shocked you still have the ultimate geek cred of being all around awesome :)

5. Everett_Spair

Everett_Spair Member

Yay! you've seen all the Star Wars movies!
    *big hug*

6. talldarknaverage

talldarknaverage New Member

George Lucas came up with one of the most brilliant screenplays ever with Star Wars, a beautiful, fantastic, romantic story in my opinion. The originals were really very good, especially the first two. Lucas, however, is really a terrible director and should have turned the newer films over to someone qualified. They were hurried, full of BS nods to pop culture jargon and the acting...largely by great actors was "wooden" in my opinion, awkward at best. If I'm not mistaken, he had a hand in the last Indiana Jones film and he and Speilberg turned a great legacy into an absurd, way beyond "over the top" fantastical tale of unbelievable bullshit. The first three, 1 and 3 in particular, were great in my humble opinion. I hear another is in the works and I shudder at the thought of what it will be like...Indiana Jones and the Quest for a quality Script." While I'm ranting...Shia LeBuff (I don't know how he spells it) Seriously...

7. JGB191

JGB191 Member

I am not a movie person, but having said that, I've done a Batman marathon back in my college years: Batman, Batman Return, Batman Forever, and Batman & Robin all in the same day. Yeah I used to be a Batman freak.....that is until Christopher Nolan took over as director and the subsequent movies like Batman Begins and The Dark Knight made me lost interest. George Clooney was my favorite Batman and the Mr Freeze played by Arnold was my favorite villain.

8. Mittimer

Gold Member

I've seen all of those. :p

9. Meee

Gold Member

I saw the trilogy when I was eight, on VHS (!). Then I saw a Star Wars exhibition at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum. The original Yoda muppet looked a little worn, though after all, "When 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not."

10. dukefan

dukefan New Member

The only trilogy that counts to me is the Evil Dead I, II, and the Army of Darkness!!!
    Star Wars and the Rings can't hold my attention

#10 dukefan, May 16, 2011
    Last edited: May 16, 2011
  11. GreyGoose

Gold Member

It has been since the late 80s or early 90s that I have watched the movies. Well congrats

12. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

I need to watch them again. Been a very long while since.. so long that I don't even remember them.. I think I was uninterested at the time and it was just on in the background. My Dad says that I watched them all with him.... BUT I just can't remember lol

13. Kirin

Kirin New Member

Lost in time, Surrounded by deadites, low on gas...damnt