Protection

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Snake21605, Feb 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snake21605

Snake21605 New Member

OK my g/f and I have recently started to have intercourse. Although we do have a few questions.

1) Until she is on birth control (very soon) is a condom with spermicde on it along with the "pulling out" method and being very careful safe enough?

2) We used some VCF Foam Spermicide and she seems to be irritated after. The bottle says some women react to it that way. I think she has because we can tell it is little irritated. When will the irritation go away? and will we be ok if we stop using the extra spermicide until she gets on the pill next week?

3) How long does it take for the pill to start working?

4) If she is on the pill and she uses it the same time every day. How safe are we?

5) How long does it take for most women to stop hurting during sex?

Thanks for all the great help here all!

2. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

Is the “Pull Out” Method Reliable to Avoid Pregnancy?
    This is an unreliable method of birth control called "withdrawal." Before a male actually comes to a climax (ejaculates), drops of semen are present at the tip of his penis. One drop contains hundreds of sperm. These sperm can travel up the female reproductive tract and get the girl pregnant, even if he tries to pull out in time. And remember, a second before climax is a very bad moment to expect a guy to use good judgment and pull out. The chance of getting pregnant from any specific episode also depends on how close the female is to the fertile time in her monthly cycle (the time her body releases an egg from her ovary). The effectiveness of withdrawal in preventing pregnancy in teens is usually stated as 60 percent.

3. dst25

dst25 New Member

1) yes
    2) depends on the woman
    3) read the label and instructions this is not the place to ask for medical advice
    4) you are i believe 99% safe from getting her pregnant but you still run the same risk of getting stds i'd stick to condoms if i were you
    5) again depends on the person

4. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

The Safety of a Condom
    People using a condom are 1000 times safer than if they didn’t use a condom! Condoms are used to prevent both pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases. In terms of preventing pregnancy, a condom is 96 percent effective if used correctly. In "typical use" it may be only 80 percent effective, because it may break, be put on incorrectly, or forgotten and not used at all. Likewise, studies show that condoms are 60-96 percent effective in preventing sexually transmitted diseases (with an average level of protection of 87 percent), again depending on how correctly they are used.

If you choose to have sexual intercourse, you will be safest if the male uses a condom each and every time, and the female also uses a second reliable method of birth control.

5. NaughtyKnickers

Gold Member

1) A condom with spermicide and pulling out? That sounds like a safe bet, a condom alone is 98% effective (per CDC report here), provided it's stored and used properly.
    I think the only thing safer would be masturbating in opposite corners of the room. :)

2) My husband and I have tried the VCF spermicide as well. It burned like crazy for him.
    Never again, poor guy.
    She's probably just allergic or her skin is too sensitive, like my husband was. He was fine by the next morning, but everyone is different. :ugh
    She might want to try dabbing a small amount of the spermicide on her skin before you try using it during sex again. Then she could see if her skin is able to handle it, without it ruining the mood if she has an unpleasant reaction. Just a thought(?) ;)

If you're using a condom, even without spermicide, look on the box many list the effective rate for it, and you're going to decide if you're comfortable taking a 2% chance.
    Pulling out and wearing a condom in conjunction seems quite safe though!

3) Have her call her pharmacist. She should mention her pills name brand and dosage specificially, as different pills use different hormones and different dosages.

4) Hit her pill manufacturers website. They always provide all the info you could want and THEN SOME. ;)

5) I think this one depends on an array of factors. Everyone is different. I think the general consensus is after a handful of times it gets much less painful, but nervousness can really throw a clinker in that, and so can her birth control, if dryness is a side affect.

There's another good question for the pharmacist or the manufacturer's website. ;)

Good luck! :)

#5 NaughtyKnickers, Feb 24, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  6. NaughtyKnickers

Gold Member

Kronnie,

I think he was indicating he is using a spermicide condom AND pulling out..(?)
    Snake, please do correct me if I am wrong! :) Because Kronnie is right, pulling out alone is hardly sufficient.

7. cbrmale

Gold Member

Snake21605,
    First up, if you and your girlfriend are sexually monogamous, and don't have STDs, and you are using an alternative from of birth control, then you don't need to use a condom. I am sure you worked this one out, given your girlfriend was a virgin before she met you, am I right?

1. Condom plus spermicide plus pulling out is safe, but you will enjoy sex more once your girlfirend is on the pill.
    2. Until your girlfriend's on the pill, the condom without spermicide plus pulling out seems quite safe.
    3. She should contact her pharmacist, the answer will probably be two weeks, but you better make sure.
    4. My wife was on the pill for several years, and used the same time every day it is very safe. Two things that can cause problems, an upset stomach where the tablet isn't given a chance to be absorbed and antibiotics. Your girlfriend should talk to whoever prescribed the pill for more details on the pill she is about to take.

In my situation, we had regular sex for a very long time using the pill, and our two children were both planned. I think you'll find most long-term couples have a similar success rate.

5. I don't think your girlfriend should hurt during sex, so it is probably an indication that she isn't relaxed enough and aroused enough. Perhaps the birth control issue is on her mind, and maybe the reliability of the pill will help her. You can help too, just by loving and adoring her in those special moments often called foreplay, but something I call part of sex.

I am a biggish-penis sort of man, and the only way I can get my wife aroused enough for me is to do oral sex on her. If you are both comfortable with this, it may help her. But there is more to arousal than oral sex, and it starts before the bedroom too, it happens whenever you are together. She is very special to you, so don't be afraid to show her at any time just how special she is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.