Prostate Massage, Safe?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by NewWorld, Feb 17, 2008.

1. NewWorld

NewWorld New Member

so lately ive heard alot of talks about prostate massage, and how it good it feels and how it benefits you.. however, ive also seen alot of people saying that vigorous and constant prostate massages might cause serious injuries. some even state that no more pressure should be used then rubbing an eyeball.. but then i also see people who claims to stimulate their prostate using vibrators or prostate massagers (like aneros).

so my question is, is prostate massage safe? and how much stimulation is considered harmful to it?

2. yorkiesmurf

yorkiesmurf New Member

Prostate massage can be quite pleasurable if done right but can lead to injury. Personally I would not incorporate it as a part of your sexual 'mix' but instead try it as something on a rare occassion. My recommendation would be to use only one or two fingers with a light touch. If you use too much pressure or something too large, for example a vibrator, you run the risk of injuring your prostrate. Repeated prostrate massage could lead to irritation which includes some bleeding. This could lead to a variety of problems such as painful urination, painful ejaculation, inability to ejaculate, blood in the urine, infection, and in rare cases where the injury is severe enough emergency surgery. Best advice is do it in moderation and if notice any discomfort (during or afterwards) then stop.

3. random9899

random9899 New Member

As long as you don't use anything sharp or rough, it wouldn't be a problem. This is coming from background medical knowledge, so you can trust that if you do it gently, it's safe.

4. NewWorld

NewWorld New Member

so Aneros or a small vibrator with alot of lube shouldnt be a problem right?
    sorry if this question sound stupid to anyone. its just that there are so many different claims about what is considered safe and i just want to make sure. thanks for the replys

5. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

A small vibe is perfectly safe and feels really good :)

6. slamd097

slamd097 New Member

um..yes it is safe, as far as I know. I haven't had any problems, and it rocks...