Probably a disgusting subject, but has anybody had to deal with back acne?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jayce, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Jayce

Gold Member

Over the past year I've noticed I've been getting a few more red dots here and there. They're all very small, and don't look like regular pimples, but I'm sure they are. It's not bad now, but I have a feeling it will just progress more and more. Does anybody have any success stories with certain body washes? I know some are geared for all body acne treatment.

2. HerHubby

HerHubby The SF Poet Laureate
    Gold Member

Might possibly be either an allergic reaction, some sort of bacterial thing or possibly even a fungal type thing. Probably be best to have a dermatologist check it out just to be sure it's nothing serious. Probably won't be but they can give you stuff, only available by prescription, which can clear it up or find the cause and help get it stopped that way. Of course, you could get some over the counter cortisone creme and see if that helps or some over the counter antibiotic to see if that helps, however, it might be best to see a dermatologist especially if it has spread at all. Last year, I had a massive leg infection (sort of like that suffered by Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert recently only worse) and had to be in the hospital taking massive doses of antibiotics via IV. Then I had to take strong antifungal medication to get rid of the skin fungus which the antibiotics allowed to flourish! I'm cured now, however, I can tell you stories about disgusting, believe me!

3. pirouette

Gold Member

Jayce,
    Head to the doc's office. I went swimming in a remote lake (in my teen years) and had a terrible breakout. I went to my regular doctor and got an antibiotic. I took it for 2 weeks......I think. Anyway, it cleared up quickly. I wouldn't waste the money buying OTC meds. See your doctor or a dermatologist.

4. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

more often than people think, "acne" can be cured by antibiotics.

Since puberty I had really bad acne right around my mouth and across the tops of my cheeks, as long as I washed my face about 3 times a day I could keep it in check. About 3 months ago, I went to work and my mom (who works with me) said "Do you have a rash on your face or something?" It was really flaring up but I was kinda hurt that she said that. So, taking advandtage of the fact I'm still on HER insurance I went into the doctor. 4 weeks of antiobiotics and its completely gone. Sure, I still get the occasional zit, but its definitly not what I had been fighting with

5. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

I confess, I have really bad skin, both oily and dry and I am constantly fighting breakouts. I have a dermotologist appointment scheduled... they willl be able to help you a whole lot more than any OTC product ... Puss_in _boots gives good advice...

#5 AnonymousOne, Aug 8, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2006