Private Messages

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Emt, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Emt

Emt New Member

I'm curious if PM's aren't popular here or what? On all the other forums I've belonged to PMing was how members communicated with each other well...privately.

I don't know if I smell bad or what, but I've sent out about 10 pm's and maybe one or two replied back.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Emt

2. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

hmmmmm - I know I very seldom use the PM thing. Personally, I'd just rather talk openly with people. I know that there are loads of messaging systems out there where Instant, or Private Messaging, is the basic form of communicating. But it seems that :sf is more useful when we all talk openly and candidly with each other.

I imagine there are some on here who came to perhaps start some sort of cyber-chat-relationships - but I also imagine once here, they found that this wasn't really that kind of site. We love to talk straight-up about everything sexual, even giving 'play by play' accounts of our sex-capades. We have our share of flirting - some light-hearted - some pretty hot & heavy :lol - but in my opinion, if we want to ask or communicate with anyone here, it's usually in the open forum. :shrug Works for me. ;)

3. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I on the other hand get lots of PMs throughout the day, and not all of them are related to my moderator duties. I have no doubt that some :sf members have cyersex in PM, and that's probably the only reason some people are members here. However, I'm with Rose on preferring to chat openly with people. If someone wants to have a private off the board conversation with me, I'll usually suggest we chat in MSN or something.

4. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

In over a year I've gotten a total of 65...a few cyber requests, a few interchanges with Ryan,when I'm being blond...a lot of replies to a thread I posted in a while back providing websites...nothing fun

5. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Wow..I guess I'm the exception then. I've had to empty my PM in/out box several times since I've been a member here. It holds only 200 messages. :eek

6. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

I clear mine every week. :shrug

You have 179 messages stored, of a total 65535 allowed.

7. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

Must be nice to be king, eh? 65000+ emails allowed. Yikes.

8. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

Don't you have 500 allowed as a supporting member?

9. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

250. Lol.

10. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

It's beter then the 50 non supporting members get :p

11. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

I agree. Wasn't complaining, I promise!

12. Emt

Emt New Member

Some good points here, but to Rose and Puss who said they are open, some of the PM's have been about certain topics and people that really wouldn't concern anyone on the boards to read.

I know I asked someone for the name of a sex therapist member and another person I asked their honest opinion of the site. Sometimes publicly read literature isn't the most honest, which is why PM's allows messages to remain private.

Thanks

-Emt

13. bluenavigator

bluenavigator New Member

Well, I don't get that much PM. So far, I only got 5 PM. They are really nothing at all. It is too easy to express feelings and speak openly here than other forums that I had been member of. I do get lot of PM in other forums but they weren't related to sex issues.