Premature Celebration/Fuck Bureaucracy

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kermit, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Kermit

Gold Member

Ne ways, i had been waiting on my schedule i was told to wait for a call on. I call Sunday to ask (my interview was Friday and it was then i was told verbally i have a job) about the status.they said they had been busy and hadn't gotten to it yet. I call the next day (because my phone had died in the middle of the night wanted to make sure i didn't miss a call) and the guy had no idea what i was talkinga bout and said he'd call the guy who "hired" me and if he hadn't called me by that day to call the next since he's working. Of course htey never called me. No job does...it's like a one night stand..the 'i'll call you' line is bullshit 99% of the time.

But i called and got the guy on the phone. Poor guy was working alone but he had time to talk me through. Apparently he had been told he could personally hire people at the interview. They changed their mind though (according to him but i believe him) and wanted to sign off on it. Guess they changed their minda bout trusting his hiring judgement. So i asked him "is this merely a formality?" and with a frustrated and weary tone "i hope so" indicating he's as frustrated as I cause he wants to hire me and thinks i'm right for the job. But he gave me something that was music to my ears...not what i wanted to hear but exactly what i needed (aside from a job): "Call us Friday we'll have a 'yes or no' for you." I needed that, to not have to wait for a damn call and to have an answer. I hope they deliever. Shame when a job you're promised is being reevaluated by people who don't trust the person who hired me.

2. igor

Gold Member

AFter being laid off from AT&T after 19 years I had a hell of a time with head hunters and job sites. It got to be very frustrating, especially when they say they'll get back to you and don't.

3. Kermit

Gold Member

you can trust them like you can at a bar, they'll forget your name or that you exist in five minutes

4. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

5. RideNaked2

Gold Member

^^^agree