Pregnant wife, moms enter :)

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by saml, May 7, 2008.

1. saml

saml New Member

I have a slight problem. My wife is pregnant (no thats not the problem :lol it is a blessing). We have one kid together and during that pregnancy she was not very into sex, no big deal. Well with this pregnancy she loves sex, although we only get to do it on the weekends because of our work schedules.

Anyways on to the problem, last sunday we was having sex and it caused her to start having premature contractions (she is only about 6 1/2 months along). I know this happens sometimes during pregnancy (It didnt scare us or anything) but my question is if that will continue to happen til she has the kid or could it be a random occurence?

2. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

It could be a random experience of Braxton Hicks contractions, a normal body function as she nears birth.

It would be wise to mention it to her OB. You may have to be careful not to go too deep where you irritate the cervix.

3. saml

saml New Member

Will mention it and thanks for the advice.

4. HardRocker

Gold Member

Congratulations on your impending new addition.

5. saml

saml New Member

Thank you

6. cherrytomato

cherrytomato New Member

Congratulations! I'm right there with ya, I'm due on June 3rd actually. During the entire pregnancy past about 3 months I couldn't handle sex anymore, it hurt like crazy. It got to the point where I couldn't even do it just to please my husband it hurt too bad. Now I hate any kind of physical contact whatsoever, I can't even tolerate a hug! lol. Poor hubby..

Anyway I'd say to talk to her OB about it as well, probably just BH contractions. My husband is actually too afraid to try to get in my pants these days because he doesn't wana bring about early labor, and NEITHER DO I. Some couples screw like bunnies in their last month though because they WANT to go into labor. 6 1/2 months is still kinda early to be getting irritated with sex though, hmm. Maybe you are just going at it too rough..

7. saml

saml New Member

Nah the contractions started before penetration, while she was getting hers :lol.

Contractions started showing on the ultrasound over a month ago (however they wasnt big enough to be felt). They said it was just her size and the natural reaction to the baby taking up most of the alloted room. She is tiny, 5 foot 1 maybe 90 lbs (before pregnancy). lmao she went from 89 lbs to 161 in the first pregnancy (the baby was a month early and was still within ounces of 9 lbs). I felt so bad for her it was alllll belly.