Pregnant in hottub?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by cherries52, Jun 16, 2007.

1. cherries52

cherries52 New Member

So today my boyfriend and I were in my hottub. I ended up giving him a handjob until he came. Afterwards, we stayed in the hot tub relaxing for about 10 mins. My question is, could I be pregnant from his cum in the water? I've looked at other sites and most have said that the high temp of the water (97 F) and the chemicals would kill the sperm. Other sites have said the water would make no difference and the sperm could survive in the water.

2. vampire raver

vampire raver New Member

I believe that sperm needs a pretty regulated environment to survive, which the rest of the fluid that is ejaculated provides. So that being said if the water was relatively hot then it probably killed the sperm.

Sperm is basically a protein ,therefore it will begin to denature and coagulate, sorry Culinary terms,

I have noticed this in the shower, I will masturbate when I wake up and then go take a shower, the hot water will, what it seems like coagulate the sperm

Anyway, I don't feel like you should worry, how long ago did it happen You could take the morning after pill or just take a test in a week

3. yorkiesmurf

yorkiesmurf New Member

To begin with if there was no penetration then the chance of becoming pregnant is almost zero. Granted one renegade sperm with a map, goggles, and energy could potentially impregnate you but the odds are against you. In my opinion I would not worry about it.

4. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

It is highly unlikely due to the temperature of the water and the amount of water. A pregnancy test will let you know for sure.

5. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

It's almost impossible that you could get pregnant from sperm floating around in a hottub. Considering what the sperm has to do, find the vagina and somehow manage to swim up it, I'd say the chances are about one in a billion. However, I've heard of this being used as an reason for getting pregnant, supposedly without having sex.

Basically the woman will claim that she never had sex (yeah right), and therefore it must have been someone's sperm floating in a swimming pool that got her pregnant. Further examination of this theory reveals that it's impossible to get pregnant in this way. She got pregnant the old fashioned way and just made up this story to save face.

6. Nettle

Nettle Member

I've also heard that the vagina kinda closes it'self off in water, which is what makes sex in water that bit more difficult.

yorkiesmurf... that was funny :lol

7. msduncan

msduncan Active Member

yes...but they have to be night vision goggles.

and it has to be a Green Beret sperm.

8. cherries52

cherries52 New Member

Thanks everyone!
    I'm not too worried about becoming pregnant because I'm on the pill, but we just wanted to make sure it wasn't a high risk cause it was something he really enjoyed and we'd like to do again.

9. scottyman211

scottyman211 New Member

Between the chlorine, temperature, and the sperm having to find it, then survive the vaginal canal I dont think it's possible. Maybe if he came right near your vagina.

10. BluShrtVigilanT

BluShrtVigilanT New Member

I think the sites that say it's possible mean to sway people that think having sex in water will work as protection. No way the little guys would survive the water and chemicals, not to mention get past your swim suit, if indeed you were wearing one.

11. msduncan

msduncan Active Member

*however* if you have intercourse in the water -- the precum might contain sperm that will impregnate you becasue they would be inside your vagina and might be spared the chlorine and inhospitable environment.

12. bosman

bosman New Member

No, the chance of pregnancy from sperm "swimming" through the hot tub water into your vagina, through the cervix, into the uterus, and up into a fallopian tube to fertilize an egg is extremely unlikely, given the turbulent, soapy/chlorine containing water and all the other natural barriers.

As for precum, one clarification that people often misunderstand:
    Precum normally has NO sperm in it, as it is just secretion from glands that are connected post-epididymis. HOWEVER, it CAN contain sperm if a man does the following in order:
    1) cums
    2) does not urinate
    3) gets aroused again and precum will, at least in theory, bring out with it sperm that is "stuck" in the urethra.

That said, I think reducing unwanted pregnancy is a good idea, so there's little harm in assuming it does and using a condom from the beginning :)

13. Fungirl

Fungirl New Member

lol I got scared of the same thing a couple years ago when I was havin sex with this guy in a hottub. He pulled out when he came and let it all go in the water and I got so freaked later cuz my period was like 2 days late and I got all scared lol.

14. Halogen

Halogen New Member

this question could probably be added to the sex FAQ :eyes :lol

I don't think a lot of people realize how involved you have to be, sexually, to get pregnant. What I mean by that is..the penis has to be in the vagina. It just has to be. That's how it is. The only variables are when the guy "pulls out" to come, because there's such a thing as precum and yes, it does contain sperm. But no. Dry humping, hand jobs in water, blow jobs - NONE OF THAT will get you pregnant.

Repeat: Blowjobs, dry humping, and hand jobs will NOT get you pregnant!

15. outofmymind

outofmymind Member

those would have to be some tough polywogs

16. sallyT

sallyT New Member

I doubt you could get pregnant this way, I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.