Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Razoer88, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Razoer88

Razoer88 New Member

Has anyone who has had children ran into troubles getting pregnant but eventually all want well?

My wife and I have been trying for over 1 1/2 years now with no luck. Over the two months we have been trying very hard. Basically every 2 days we would have intercourse, very little alcohol and no caffene and the comes today her period comes.

I am 34 and she is 36, we are not getting any younger and this is getting very frusterating. We have both been chack and she shows being fine and the doctor asked if I drank when he got my sperm sample, the answer was yes, and he stated, "well his count is very good, he will be very good if he quits drinking"

Thank you for any responces

2. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

By the look of things, your doctor has given you the clues....
    All you've got to do now is put it all into practice....:D

Wish you guys well with it...:)

3. Jonblaze

Jonblaze New Member

Yeah, it took a a long time to get pregnant the first time also. But after the first one it seemed like if I looked at your wrong she was ready to get pregnant again. It will happen, then it will keep happening. It's the biological clock thing.

4. Welshhunniexx

Welshhunniexx New Member

My partner and i are the other way around. i feel pregnant with our little girl in a month, but now its taken nearly 2 years to get pregnant again. we'v been having unprotected sex since 2 weeks after she was born and nothing!

5. Soulspinner

Soulspinner New Member

My wife and I currently trying as well. It's strange how we all spend our teenage years trying to avoid pregnancy, and find ourselves doing triple backflips to when it's ovulation time. It can be frustrating to say the least.

We have only been trying for six months, and I feel like we are only recently nailing down the ovulation times. My wife is 34 - and her doctor is willing to prescribe fertility aids if we are unsuccessful over the next few months.

For future attempts, I plan on avoiding alcohol and computer laptop use (I've heard that isn't good for our swimmers either).

6. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Hi Razoer88,
    Work and other stresses in both partners is one of the worst offenders in such situations.
    Suggest find time to relax together such as a holiday and see how things pan out.
    We took three and a half years trying the first time including all the stuff you mention but add to that hormonal cycle tracking and fertility drugs.
    Nothing worked so we gave up and instead went on a holiday travelling around Australia after which we would try IVF.
    We only got halfway around when she got morning sickness; bingo.....3 kids later an year apart and I was looking for a vasectomy!
    Good luck but having sex every second day is going to make your sperm count much lower at each ejaculation, best you pace it a bit and aim for her ovulation time.

7. backcheck64

Gold Member

After my wife was on the pill for 15yrs, it took us about 8 months, but my wife wasn't in her mid to late 30s. Often, the older a woman is, the harder it is for the first one. We knew we didn't want to be mistaken for grandparents so we decded 30 was the latest to have our first, our second was 20 months later and she had her tubes tied since we had one of each. All I can say is keep plugging way.

8. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

I was on the Pill for 14 and a half years. Went off it for one month and conceived my daughter the day after my 35th birthday. I know the exact day because my ex and I were having relationship issues and were not even seeing each other regularly, let along fucking.