pregnancy test - problem?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by joeart, May 18, 2007.

1. joeart

joeart New Member

my girlfriend stopped taking birth control about a month ago, simply because she was out of it and we haven't yet made time to go to planned parenthood. we have barely had sexual intercourse since, because we want to be safe. we have a few times, BUT with condoms (obviously.) her last period should have been here about a week ago, maybe a little more, but i didn't. she took one pregnancy test, it came out negative. alright! about four days later she took another pregnancy test, because her period still hadn't (hasn't) come, and it came out negative once again. alright, so that seems pretty fair... but her period still isn't here.

any thoughts? suggestions?

thanks

2. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

How long was she on the pill before suddenly stopping? That alone could make a huge impact on how long it takes to start a normal cycle again.

3. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

It usually takes a woman's body a few months to get back to its natural cycle after she stops taking the pill, so I wouldn't worry about her not getting her period. You should definitely continue to use condoms and if possible take the time to get her prescription refilled.

#3 Puss_in_boots, May 18, 2007
    Last edited: May 18, 2007
  4. minxy3

minxy3 Banned

i was on the contreceptive injection for 15 months anbd then came off it becoz of my body messing up and it took me 6 months to get my period back ( not that i wanted it back lol i was happy without it ) but yer it took me ages to eve get a period nevermind a regulated one, i guess it deoends on how long she has been on the pill...i know that the injection is different slightly but hey thats just my thoughts

5. nnnnn

nnnnn New Member

Yeah the pill definitely messes with a girls cycle.

6. joeart

joeart New Member

she's been on it for almost two years, and she is going to get back on it soon.

should she get a test from planned parenthood?

7. ~emm~

~emm~ New Member

pills mess up the system, dont worry too much about it