Pregnancy and period, together???

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by laura, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laura

laura New Member

I've read somewhere that sometimes a pregnant woman can have some period, normally, every month, :eek I hope that's not true. How will she understand that she is pregnant if she doesn't miss her period??? :uhh:

2. Logger

Gold Member

This is why preganacy tests are important, and should be made more freely available throughout the world. I thin the percentage of women who have a period after bcoming pregnat is low, somewhere around 5% (Guess) might have a period, or bleeding like a period, after becoming pregnant. I think it is uncommon for periods to continue past a month or two. Changes in the hips, they get wider, or changes in the breasts or nipples are other indications of pregnancy.

Blessings

3. jiggy

jiggy New Member

The bleeding that if often mistaken for a period is usually about 3 -15 days after "becoming" pregnant. It is called implantation bleeding and it is where the embryo (for lack of a better word) is completely embedding itself in the uterine walls. The bleeding comes from the same thing as when you get your period, its part of the lining of the uterus being shed. Durring implantation bleeding, only part of the wall is shed, and the rest is used by baby!

It is onyl a small percentage of women that have this happen and implantation bleeding only happens once. There is however sometimes "spotting" durring pregnancy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.