Pregnancy and Missed Periods

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Noxious, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Noxious

Noxious New Member

Hi,

I've been going out with a girl now for 3 years and we just recently had sex very close to when her period was supposed to be. Thus far she has missed her period by 2 days, but we're not completely sure if this is indicative of pregnancy because there are a lot of new factors. They are:

1. Her last two periods were late 4 days, so it seems her regularity might be breaking down. If you count those 4 days this time as late days, then she's 6 days late. Otherwise, she's just 2.
    2. Her diet's completely different now than from her last period. Also, dairy has been extremely lacking.
    3. We used a condom and, after examining it afterwards, it didn't appear to have any holes.
    4. We ended up being rushed a bit, and so it hurt a lot for her. We think perhaps improper lubrication could have made an impact on the inner workings.
    5. She's under a lot more stress from work and life now than during her last period.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Are these points valid reasons to not expect pregnancy and just a simple delay? Would these factors delay it this long? We're going to buy a pregnancy test tomorrow if she hasn't started yet by then.

2. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

*looks at #4*

Dude .... seriously ... slick up. for both your sakes.

Honestly I think you're all right, but Doctor's offices exist for a reason.

3. Noxious

Noxious New Member

Thanks. I agree about the lubrication, though. :p Granted, it would also hurt since it was her first time, too.

4. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Rule #1) If you think you have enough lube ... double it.

5. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Nox:
    The usual optimum time for a woman to concieve is in the few days following ovulation.
    Ovulation usually happens about 2 weeks after the first day of her last period.. That would translate into 2 weeks before her next period is supposed to start.
    Once the egg is released (ovulation) it travels down the fallopian tube. Optimum fertilization takes place whiile it is traveling down the fallopian tube. The little sperm boogers shoot up the vagina and travel (swim) up those fallopian tubes and vie for the prize of being "Daddy".Once ithe egg hits the utuerus, if it hasn't been fertilized, it passes out through her vagina. This process takes approximately 3 days.
    See, Mrs. Elliot! I DID listen in health class!
    ---------------------
    The stress & diet issues raise a flag. I would imagine that is the cause of her delay. Woman can miss periods altogethr for several reasons. Another reason is if she has begun to exercise excessively.

Those little pregnancy test kits they sell are quite good initial nerve-settlers. If there is still doubt, for goodness sake, have her go to the doctor.
    :rose

6. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

Noxious...this was her first time. Was it also yours?

7. BabyReadThat

BabyReadThat New Member

Two days is a little soon to tell. My periods are never exactly 28 days apart so personally I wouldnt be worried about it just yet. It could be stress, diet, hormones, change in lifestyle who knows. Normally two weeks after a missed period is the time to do a pregnancy test. I think they lessen in accuracy before then.

8. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

Mine either Baby. I'm on day, uhm, FIFTY?! Bah.

9. Noxious

Noxious New Member

Yeah, it was.

So these/other factors make sense to other people as reasons a period might be delayed?

10. Noxious

Noxious New Member

Not pregnant according to EPT.

Does this still seem reasonable that she still hasn't had one? What're some of your longest delays?

11. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

2 years and counting -- but then, I'm menopausal! :rofl

12. Noxious

Noxious New Member

In case anyone cares, she started today. Pretty late.

13. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I've always had irregular periods, no longer though because I'm on the pill. Before that it was common for me to go three or four months before I got my period, and one time my periods stopped for six months all together due to excessive weightloss and too much exercise. Women's bodies can be extremely sensitive to stress, changes in diet, amount of work, etc.

14. Jayce

Gold Member

My buddy was telling me him and his girlfriend mess around a lot. They stray away from intercourse, though they are heavily into oral and fingering and whatnot.

His girlfriend said they've been doing that for 6 months. In that time, she's had one period. She's not pregnant.

*shrug*

15. yorkiesmurf

yorkiesmurf New Member

I would highly doubt that she is pregnant due to the fact periods can be quite erractic and unpredictable. Since you mentioned she is under a lot of stress I am willing to bet this has had a major impact on it. Also any change in weight can impact the cycle along with changes in diet. Personally I would wait until 2 weeks past the time she was expecting her period before becoming concerned if she is pregnant.