Pregnancy a possibility?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Just Curious, Nov 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just Curious

Just Curious New Member

Hello, my girlfriend is currently on the pill. just recently she had forgotton to start her new pack after her 7 placebo (period) pills. we had sex on the day after she had forgot to take the pill, and had taken two that morning. It was protected sex, and i didn't ejaculate in her. I am still worried that she may become pregnant, is this even a possibility? I have read that the most fertile period for her would be mid-cycle, or two weeks after her period stops. Being as this happened around two day after her period stopped, and she had only missed one day on the pill, should I be worried?

She has only been on the pill for about 4 months, and was on the depo provera injection for 3 years prior to that with no break between the two.

thank you all for your replies.

2. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

I would consult her physician about it. However, I just looked at the packet insert (it gives valuable info in that!) for my own bc pills & it said that you are not able to get pregnant if you take 2 pills on the same day. If you miss more than that, it's best that you use a backup method.

If in doubt, look at that insert that you get with each new pack of pills. It usually has some troubleshooting in there.
    Hope that helps you!

3. kbate

kbate New Member

There is always a tiny possibility of pregnancy if you have unprotected sex, on or off bc.

I would be somewhat shocked if you had anything to worry about though, she would not be ovulating for another 5 to 9 days and if you did not ejacualte the odds are low of pregnancy.

4. Just Curious

Just Curious New Member

Thank you all for your replies thus far. Sorry for the delayed response, i work too much.....

Anyhoo, I was reading up on the subject and had found a lot of info about when the ovulation would occour and that the most probable time for her not to get pregnant would be right after her period, which is when this particular incident occoured.

Just to clarify, it was protected sex when this happened, even tho she is on the pill and we are both clean, we still use a condom every single time. (not ready for kids yet).

With all the circumstances at hand, her being on the pill consistently and on time for the last 4 or so months, being on depo 3 years prior to that, me using a condom, pulling out to ejaculate, right after her period, and the fact that I masturbate a least once a day, I sure we're pretty safe.

I guess it's just something you naturally get worried about, especially at my age.

5. Logger

Gold Member

FURTHER RESPONSE:

Your assessment of the possibilities of pregnancy being small is probably correct.

However, when there is a question, it is better to do a pregnancy test check sooner than later. Your expenses, and side effect risks of terminating a pregnancy increase, if discovery of pregnancy is delayed. Women do sometimes continue to appear to have their period, even after becoming pregnant. So don't assume that because she appears to have her period, that everything is OK.

Most of the pregnancy tests have the number of days after conception listed, for effectively determining pregnancy.

Blessings
    Spellcheck by Firefox

6. sxymma

sxymma New Member

I am sure you have nothing wo worry about. While some women do continue to have their periods after conception, it is rare, and not usually a normal period. Also, with all of the safeguards you guys use, I think you would have to have some sort of SUPER sperm to get that girl pregnant!!

7. ton

ton Banned

yes, unprotected sex could change your life in an instant, maybe not while she is still pregnant but when the baby comes. you have to always be careful, and from what i've heard, getting a girl pregnant while on pills could affect the baby, you don't want that, not in a million years. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.